Chapter 66

Travis walked up and down the hall, dividing his time up with everyone.

First, he'd stop in with Kevin, where Todrick was laying on the bed beside him reciting bible verses, praying that he wake up soon.

Then he'd move down the hall a little to Kirstie's room, where Avi was sitting in a chair beside his wife's bed, holding her hand tightly while she rested.

And finally he'd cross the hall to Scott's room, where both Alex and Mitch were sitting on the bed beside the large Alpha while the nurses ran a few tests on him.

Alex had taken Travis' jacket so he wasn't shirtless anymore.

Kirstie had to give both a urine sample and a blood sample, just to be sure it was only the stress that made her faint and not a serious illness or condition.

Avi held Kirstie's hand up to his lips, and he held a kiss there to remind her that he was there for her.

Travis walked into the room, hating to interupt their cute moment, but not really having a choice. "Avi? I'm sorry to... But, your Alpha is being diagnosed now. Thought you might want to listen in."

Avi nodded once and stood up, giving Kirstie's head a kiss before leaving the room.

Travis took Avi's seat beside Kirstie so she wouldn't be alone.

Avi walked into Scott's room where the nurse was kindly waiting for him.

Avi tapped Alex's shoulder. "Why don't you go check on Todrick?"

Alex nodded and hopped out of the bed. "Yes, Sir."

The nurse began as soon as he was out of the room. "Luckily, he didn't need stitches. We just needed to stop the bleeding, and get some tape on it for a little while. There doesn't appear to be any brain damage, although I'm sure the wound hurts very badly. I still suggest taking it easy for a few days, regardless of the few serious injuries."

Avi gave her a curt nod. He wasn't planning on letting any of them leave the house anytime soon anyways.

She flipped a paper, before continuing again. "We also had to feed him a little. He was seriously lacking any kind of food for someone as active as he is."

Scott raised his hand a little. "I'm like... Good to go home, right? Like, I don't have to stay here. Do I?"

"No. You should be fine as long as you're taking it easy at home."

Avi nodded again. "Thank you so much for your time."

The nurse smiled and then walked out of the room.

Avi stared at Scott for a second, and then he looked to Mitch. "Mitchell, will you give us a second? Why don't you go see how Kirstie is doing for me?"

Mitch frowned at him, leaning forward to hug Scott, thus laying down almost on top of him. "I almost lost him today..."

Avi walked over slowly, setting a hand on Mitch's shoulder. "I know, Peanut. It'll only take a second, I promise."

Mitch reluctantly stood from the bed, giving Scott one last kiss before leaving.

Avi sat down in the chair beside Scott's bed, and grabbed one of his hands with both of his own.

Scott just watched him.

"Listen, Rookie... I know you don't want to talk about it. But I have to know what to tell the doctors. Before I walked in on you and Jamie... He didn't.. Do anything to you... Right?"

Scott shook his head quickly. "No. Just what you saw."

"And the cut on your head? How'd that happen? How did you even end up handcuffed to a bed in the first place?"

Scott blushed a little. "I.. Well, I thought I could distract him long enough for Alex to escape. And.. Sex is what he was looking for. So I tried to distract him.. But I didn't exactly think ahead."

Avi nodded a few times. Logical explanation. "But how did...? Did he cut you beforehand, or...?"

Scott sighed, looking back on it. "He threw me onto a bed. And like most people in my life, he underestimated how tall I actually was. So I just like.. Fell right onto the headboard."

"Ouch. I'm sorry. That was brave of you."

Scott shrugged, looking away from Avi. "You'd have thought of something better."

"Don't be like that. What you did made perfect sense at the time. And you saved Alex. No doubt you protected the Hell out of him when you guys were there. He walked out without a single scratch."

Mitch peeked inside the door then. "Alpha? Todrick is asking for you."

Avi took a deep breath, turning to Scott once more. "You did good work, protecting an Omega that wasn't your own. I'm proud of you."

He stood to leave, and then Mitch ran into the room and laid down beside him.

Scott put his arm around him lazily. "How is everyone?"

"Kevin is still sleeping. Kirstie is just waiting for them to tell her that she's okay and she can go home."

Scott nodded and held Mitch a little closer to him. "God, my head hurts."

Mitch whimpered and leaned forward to kiss Scott's forehead. "I'm sorry."

Scott stared at him for a second, and then shook his head slowly. "It must've been terrifying..."

"What?"

"Jamie threw me around like I weighed nothing. Alex too. And we're both nearly three times your size. I can't imagine..." Scott trailed off.

Mitch tried to smile as he nodded. "I know."

Avi was standing beside Kirstie's bed, staring at the nurse with wide eyes. "I.. Are you sure?"

"I'm absolutely sure. And I can prove it to you, if you'd like."

Avi looked down at Kirstie, who was smiling widely.

He grabbed her hand quickly, and smiled back. "Princess... We're having a baby..."

She nodded and squeezed his hand. "I know!"

Scott walked into the room somewhat slowly, not quite back to normal yet. "A baby? There's no way I heard that right."

Kirstie giggled. "You did hear it right! Alpha, I'm pregnant."

Scott looked at Avi, who just shrugged and smiled.

Mitch was down the hall with Todrick, who was still refusing to leave Kevin's side.

Travis had taken a seat beside the bed, Alex on his lap, while Alex told him what happened at the house.

Todrick had gotten up at one point to call the police about Jamie, but that was the only time he left Kevin.

Scott decided to give Kirstie and Avi some privacy when they looked at the ultra sound, so he ended up in Kevin's room as well.

He walked over to Mitch and threw his arm over Mitch's shoulders.

Mitch looked up at him with curious eyes. "When will he stop sleeping?"

"We won't know until he does."

Mitch frowned. "What if he never does?"

"Don't talk like that. He will. I mean, he's Kevin. He has to wake up."

********