Chapter 164

That morning, Scott woke up too early, claiming he needed to pee, so he let Mitch just go back to sleep.

Scott snuck out of their room to go to the kitchen, not surprisingly met with Kevin reading the newspaper at the kitchen table.

Kevin looked up immediately. "Good morning, Alpha. How'd you sleep?"

"Okay, I guess."

Avi walked in behind him, glancing from Scott, to the clock, and back. "This early morning stuff is expected of Kevin. But Scott...? Amazing."

Scott rolled his eyes. "It's too early for you and your attitude."

"I don't have an attitude. I'm just saying."

Scott leaned against the counter, while he watched Avi make himself some coffee. "No Kirstin this morning? Shocking."

"You're one to talk. Mitchell might as well be attached to you."

Kevin held up a hand. "Please, you two. As grateful as I am that you're safe and back home..."

Scott nodded and kept his mouth shut.

Avi grabbed his coffee and stirred in some cream and sugar, before turning and handing it to Scott.

Scott squinted at the cup. "What did you do to it?"

Avi rolled his eyes. "You just watched me make it, Scott."

Scott pursed his lips, but took the warm cup from him anyway. "Thank you."

"Anytime."

Scott walked over and sat beside Kevin.

Kevin folded up his newspaper and pushed it to the side, giving Scott his full attention. "Avi told me that you were in a room alone with Drew. Did anything happen?"

Scott glared at Avi, who soon sat down next to them with a cup of his own coffee. Avi blinked at him. "What?"

Scott's glare didn't relent. "You told him?"

"Of course I did. He's like our family psychiatrist."

"Whatever."

Kevin intervened. "If I may... He didn't tell me to ask you, Scott. I just want to be sure that you're okay."

"I'm fine. I just... Got a little freaked out is all."

Avi leaned towards him a little, across the table. "What did he do to you, Rookie?"

Scott refused to meet his eyes, just staring at his coffee. "He didn't rape me."

Kevin set his hand on Scott's forearm. "That doesn't mean he didn't scar you in some way. That doesn't mean it wasn't scary, and potentially life changing."

Scott's confidence shrunk even more. "I... He didn't hurt me... Not really."

Avi nodded slowly. "Just tell me what he did, Rooks."

"He... Made me get down on my knees... Made me..." Scott shook his head, looking at his hands. "I can't do this. I'm sorry."

Kevin patted his arm. "That's okay. Some other time, when you're more comfortable."

Avi tried not to make him talk more than he wanted to, so he changed the subject. "Kevin, I actually have a question for you. At the house... There was this thing... Where like.. Mitchell was allowed to sit down and give his feet a break for like ten minutes, if Scott went upstairs to be with Drew. And... Obviously Scott was willing to sacrifice stuff for Mitchell. But Mitchell didn't say anything until after Scott was gone."