Chapter 103

(A/N)

Posting early because I'm on my way to Vegas (Tennis state championships YAYYYY) And don't know when I'll have service again.

LOVE YOUUUUU

********

Jake had assisted Todrick when he checked out all of the wounds on Alex's body, although Alex refused to make eye contact with either of them.

Jake put a band-aid on a cut that was on Alex's side, just under his last rib.

Alex flinched when he did it, and Jake froze. "Oh, gosh. I'm sorry. I'm trying to be gentle."

Alex tried to give him a smile. "It's not your fault. Thank you again, by the way."

Jake laughed a little, looking up at Todrick. "Is this kid for real?" He looked back down at Alex. "That's the fifth time you've thanked me in the twenty minutes I've been here."

Alex nodded a few times. "Well, I don't even know you, and you dropped everything to help me. That was really nice of you."

Jake smiled and looked down to fix the band-aid again. "You're sweet."

Todrick smiled knowingly at them.

In the other room, Avi was pacing in front of the bed Mitch and Scott were sitting on, Kirstie in the bathroom.

Avi took a deep breath and looked to Mitch. "Are you scared? Because you shouldn't be. But you look terrified."

Mitch nodded, squeezing Scott's hand. "Sorry... Just... Alex is a lot bigger than I am. And if he was hurt that bad, I don't even..."

Scott leaned over to kiss Mitch's temple, while Avi shook his head. "Mitchell... It won't happen. Alexander wasn't around an Alpha. How often do you and Scott leave each other's sides? Like ten seconds every morning? Maybe?"

Scott kept his eyes on Mitch, trying to get a head start on any emotions that Mitch might decide to express.

Mitch looked down to his lap, where he was holding one of Scott's hands in one of his own. "But... Is it my fault that Allie is hurt?"

"No. Absolutely not. You have no control over those Alphas. Alexander knows that." Avi replied confidently.

Scott nodded in agreement.

Mitch looked up to meet Avi's eyes. "Do you promise that you won't let me get hurt?"

Avi kneeled down in front of Mitch slowly. "Mitchell, you have my word. If there is anything at all I can do to protect you, I will not hesitate to do it. And you know Scott won't either. He'd lay down his life for you."

A small smile formed on Mitch's face. "Thank you... Is Allie going to be okay?"

"Yes. He just needs some rest."

Scott felt bad that he hadn't checked on Alex at all, so he stood up to go do just that, but Mitch grabbed his arm in an instant.

Mitch followed him out of the room, and Scott smiled at Jake before standing next to Todrick. "Hi.. I'm sorry, I don't think we've met...?"

Jake set the gauze in his hands down on Alex's stomach, before extending his hand out towards Scott. "I'm Jake. Sorry, are you Alex's Alpha?"

"I'm Scott. And no, I'm not. This is my Omega, Mitch." Scott motioned to the Omega on his arm.