Chapter 23

Avi sent Kirstie to bed, before grabbing Mitch's upper arm and pulling him into his own bedroom.

Mitch stood in the middle of the room, and only spoke when Avi started to leave. "Wait! Where's Scott?"

"Your Alpha won't be joining you tonight. You're on your own." Avi replied lowly.

Mitch stopped him again from leaving. "Wait. Why?"

"Because you don't deserve him right now. You wanted a punishment, and here it is."

Mitch frowned. "What?"

"Just.. Don't come out of here until you get your head on straight, okay? That's an order."

Mitch looked like he might cry, but Avi gave him no sympathy.

Mitch looked like he was tearing up. "But.. I want my Alpha."

"You should've thought about that before you hurt him. Listen to me closely. I don't even like Scott. Not that much anyway. But he's one of the better ones that I've come across. Don't you dare let him go. Do you hear me?"

Mitch nodded quickly. "Yes, Sir."

Right before walking out, the last thing Avi mumbled was. "I can't believe you hit him."

Scott was sitting on the couch, face in his hands.

Kevin set down a pillow and a few blankets. "Want me to set up a bed for you?"

"No. I'm probably not going to sleep very much anyway."

Kevin frowned and sat down beside him. "What if I stay out here with you?"

"No. I'll be fine. Don't leave Todrick alone."

Kevin stood up and shook his head. "I'll go grab him. We'll both stay out here with you. There are more cookies. We can watch horror movies together. You used to love those."

Scott just smiled at him. "Okay. Thank you."

When Kevin went down the hall, Avi walked out with Kirstie's hand in his.

Scott just stared at him. "Um. Do you need something?"

Kirstie sat down next to him and hugged him. "We're here to join the sleepover!"

Scott hugged her back for a second, but then frowned at Avi. "So we're all going to sleep out here except Mitch? This feels awful."

Avi shrugged. "He has to learn somehow."

Scott took a deep breath. "Hey.. Avi? Can I have one of the cookies you made?"

"Sure." When Avi walked past him, he punched Scott's stomach lightly. "You could use one."

Kevin walked out then, Todrick wearing pink pajamas.

Todrick sat down on one of Scott's thighs, finding it in his instincts to try and act like Mitch to make Scott feel better. "Hey, babe. How you feeling?"

Scott smiled at him and put an arm around him for a second, a subtle hug. "I'm alright. You guys are really nice."

Todrick kissed his forehead and then stood up next to Kevin. "Of course. We wouldn't leave you out here by yourself."

"But you'll leave Mitch all alone?"

"If he's being punished, of course I will. I have to. But you shouldn't be punished too." Todrick sat, feeling one of Kevin's arms snake it's way around his waist.

Kirstie handed Scott a cookie and then sat next to him, rubbing his back.

Scott looked over when Avi walked out of the kitchen. "Will you... Save one for Mitchie? Please?"

"I did. Now stop it. Get him out of your mind."

"I can't. I physically can't." Scott said, taking a quick bite of the cookie in his hands.

That's the beginning of how they ended up asleep all over the living room.

Scott was on the floor, laying in between Todrick and Kirstie.

Avi was asleep on the couch, arm over his eyes, while Kevin fell asleep beside Kirstie.

Scott woke up in the middle of the night when he heard something, but didn't think about it until the morning.

He woke up that morning, to find Mitch laying completely on top of him.

Scott didn't have the heart to move him, and just went back to sleep, Mitch doing the same.

When Todrick woke up, he kissed Scott's forehead, as well as Mitch's, before going into the kitchen to help Kevin cook breakfast.

Kirstie stayed clung to Scott's arm, until Avi woke up.

She smiled at Mitch. She knew he wouldn't be able to do it on his own.

Avi stood from the couch, Kirstie standing too.

He smiled at her and pecked her lips once. "Where you going?"

"I have to go to the bathroom. Where are you going?"

"I was about to do that same thing. Princess's first."

She giggled and then skipped to their room.

Avi was about to follow, but saw Mitch's body on top of Scott's.

Avi rolled his eyes at Mitch, deciding he'd deal with it later, and then walked to his room.

Scott woke up to the sound of Avi's door slamming, and then saw Mitch jolt awake too.

Mitch looked up and met his eyes.

Scott frowned at the sight of Mitch's puffy, red eyes.

He'd probably been crying all night.

Scott leaned his neck up to kiss Mitch's forehead. "Good morning, Honey."

Mitch put his arms around Scott and hugged him as tight as he could. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You're not a coward. I don't know what came over me... I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep without you. I tried to tell myself that I was my own person, and I can do whatever I want. Even if you aren't there. But.. I'm not. I'm not strong enough to do it on my own."

Scott hugged Mitch right back, and slipped his hands under Mitch's shirt to rest on his lower back.

He suddenly felt tears falling on his neck. "Oh, Mitchie. Honey. Don't cry. It's okay. I'm not mad at you."

Mitch kept crying though, holding on even tighter. "You should be mad. I can't believe I hit you. I.. I'm so sorry."

He sat up a little, and then jumped off of Scott's body.

Mitch held out a hand to help Scott stand, but Scott did it on his own.

Mitch grabbed his hand anyway. "Hit me."

"What? Absolutely not."

Mitch grabbed onto Scott's arm with both of his hands. "Hit me!"

Scott pulled his arm out of Mitch's grip. "Sweetie. No. I'm not going to hit you."

"Will Avi do it?"

"No, honey. You had a punishment already. You don't deserve another one."

Mitch frowned and hugged Scott again.

Scott hugged back and kissed Mitch's temple. "I missed you, Sweetheart."

"I missed you too. Do you love me again?"

"I never stopped, Honey. Don't be silly."

Mitch moved away from Scott and pulled his necklace out from under his shirt. "I know you told me not to wear it when I sleep... But I didn't want to be alone..."

Scott grabbed the necklace and kissed it. "I forgive you. But um.. Could you do me a favor and not hit me again? I didn't enjoy that very much."

Mitch's tears fell again. "Oh my God, I'll never do it again. I promise."

Scott bent a little and wiped Mitch's tears with his thumbs. "No more tears, baby. It's okay. Everything is okay now. We're going to figure this out."

********