Chapter 138

(A/N)

Promised someone a double :*

(Give me like five minutes) xD

**********

The plane ride was mostly uneventful, besides the person sitting in front of Mitch turning around to snap at him to be quiet after he talked for too long.

Mitch had just been trying to tell Scott an exciting story, and apparently he was too loud.

Mitch gulped and shrunk into his seat. "I'm sorry, ma'am."

Scott gave her the benefit of the doubt, thinking maybe she'd had a long day or something.

But when Mitch apologized, she just rolled her eyes and looked at Scott. "Didn't teach him any manners?"

And that is the exact moment that Scott snapped, too. "I'm sorry? He just apologized very sincerely to you, and also called you 'ma'am'. How is that not polite?"

"Well if he'd kept his mouth shut in the first place, we wouldn't be having this conversation." She spat right back.

Scott put his arm around Mitch's waist, squeezing between Mitch's body and the chair he was in. "I think that is for me to decide. I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm just... Aren't Betas supposed to be like.. Overly nice?"

"Aren't Omegas supposed to be quiet unless spoken to first?"

"I was speaking to him. I asked him to tell me the story."

Avi leaned over from his seat across the aisle from Mitch, Kirstie asleep on his arm. "That's not really any of your business anyway, Beta. You dare speak to an Alpha that way?"

She looked at Scott one more time and then turned around to sit back down in her seat.

Avi gave Scott a nod and then looked back down at Kirstie, as he was previously doing.

Scott smiled at Mitch. "I'm sorry, baby. You were saying..?"

Mitch gave him a small smile. "Um. Nevermind. It's alright. Thanks for... Defending me."

"Of course. You're sure...?"

Mitch nodded, leaning into his embrace instead. "Yes, Sir."

Scott held him with both arms, kissing the top of his head. "I love you."

Mitch giggled. "I love you too."

*******

At the end of the flight, Mitch stood next to Scott while Scott grabbed their carry-ons from the above compartments.

Scott handed Mitch his black bag, being gentle because he knew Mitch loved it.

The Beta was standing beside Mitch, and Mitch tried to stay as close to Scott as possible so he wouldn't bother her.

She seemed to be struggling with opening the compartment though, but as a Beta she was determined to figure it out.

Scott sighed, cursing his politeness, and told Mitch to stay with Avi for a second, while he went over and helped her.

Scott smiled at the woman, and reached over her to open the compartment, grabbing her bag and handing it to her, only being able to use one hand because of the gauze on the other hand.

The Beta smiled a little. "Thank you, Alpha."

"You're welcome." He replied shortly.

She walked away then, without even bothering to apologize.