Chapter 18

Avi walked into the bedroom where Mitch still remained.

He had tears in his eyes when Avi walked in. "What's up, Mitchell?"

He instantly noticed the chair beside the wall, and got a good picture of the situation.

Avi closed the door quietly, when Mitch finally answered him. "Where'd he go?"

"You... Scared him a little, Peanut." Avi said carefully.

Mitch frowned and walked closer to him. "What did I do?"

"He's more fragile because of what's happened to him. So when you act like that.. You scare him."

Mitch continued to frown. He got even closer to Avi. "You mean when I tried to act like him?"

"Mitchell. Don't be like that. Just because he's bigger than you are doesn't mean that he uses his power against you. I don't even like him that much but even I know that he uses every ounce of his strength to benefit you." Avi said finally.

"But he--"

"No. Listen to me. You pinned his arms over his head or something, yes? In all the time you've known him, has he ever done that to you? Ever? I doubt it. And he's like two feet taller than you are. I've seen him dangerous. I've seen him nearly kill people. But with you, he's basically a neutered animal."

Mitch felt his tears start to fall down his face, but Avi was too upset to show him any sympathy. "Knock that off. Treat Scott like he's treated you. That will show him how well he's doing. Because he really is doing a fantastic job. But when you treat him like this, it kind of shows him what you think of Alphas. What you think of him."

Mitch tried to wipe his tears away, but Avi's words were making it worse. "Can I please see him? Please?"

"If you promise to be careful with the power of an Alpha. Promise?"

Mitch nodded quickly, and then Avi opened the door for him to go find Scott.

Mitch ran out of the room and jumped onto Scott's hips as soon as he saw him, locking his legs around him.

Scott fell into the wall behind him, but regained his footing quickly. "What's wrong?"

"I didn't mean to scare you. I'm so sorry. I'll never touch you again."

Scott tried to put Mitch on the ground, but Mitch held on too tight.

Scott shook his head. "Honey, you don't have to stay away from me. Just.. Don't Alpha on me like that."

Mitch held him even tighter. "I won't. Not ever again. I can't believe I scared you. I'm so sorry."

Scott nodded and tried to pry Mitch's arms away from him, but failed. "Honey. You can let go."

"No. You might run away again."

"I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

Mitch's legs slipped a little, so he was only holding on by his arms around Scott's neck.

Scott lowered him a little to try to get Mitch's feet to hit the ground, but Mitch refused.

Scott tried again to pry his arms off. "Mitch. Let go."

Mitch held on even tighter, and it was starting to hurt Scott's neck. "Mitchie.. Ow."

Mitch finally let his feet touch the ground, Scott putting his hands on Mitch's hips.

Mitch let go and wrapped his arms around himself. "Are we okay?"

Scott nodded before leaning down and kissing him once. "We're perfect. Don't worry. Anything else you want to do today?"