Chapter 108

During the dinner, Avi made the announcement that The Counsel would need them to stay in a hotel in Vegas for a testing simulator they had in the south of a state near them.

He invited Jake as well, knowing that Jake didn't belong to a pack.

Also in a place like Vegas, Avi needed as many Alphas as he could get.

Mitch, Kirstie and Alex were thrilled though, both Betas worried of course.

And then once they'd arrived back at the hotel, Avi instructed everyone to start packing.

Mitch was, for the second time in a long time, wearing a shirt of his own.

Scott was in front of him, taking clothes from the closet and allowing Mitch to stuff them into each suitcase.

When Scott handed him the last item of clothing, Mitch turned to put it away, and his shirt came up a little in the back.

Scott smiled at his skinny hips, and took a step forwards to set his hands on them, Mitch not jumping like he'd anticipated.

Mitch just set the shirt down and zipped up the suitcase, before leaning back into Scott's body, for the warmth and comfort.

Scott set his chin on Mitch's shoulder and looked down at the suitcases. "Thank you for helping me."

"You're welcome. Um.. Alpha?"

"Yes?"

"What's Vegas like?"

"Crowded. Some of the people are kind of rude. And I need you to promise me that you will not speak to anyone that isn't in our group. People are going to try to get your attention and talk to you.. And I know you're going to feel like you're being rude by ignoring them, but I just need you to keep your head down and hold my hand. I won't let any of them hurt you, or anything like that."

Mitch leaned his head back to rest against Scott's shoulder. "Sounds scary... I don't know if I want to go..."

"No, no. It's not scary. It's actually really cool. And fun. You just let me worry about everything else, okay? Just.. Don't leave my side when we're outside. I'll protect you." Scott assured.

Mitch smiled a little. "Okay. Thank you."

Kevin knocked once politely before walking in. "Sorry to interrupt. Just wanted to see if you needed help. We should be clearing out of here somewhat soon."

Scott kissed Mitch's neck once before pulling away from him and grabbing the suitcases, one in each hand. "I think we're just about ready to leave. Give me... Two minutes?"

Kevin nodded once, and smiled at Mitch before walking back out the door.

Scott set the suitcases down by the door, and turned to Mitch. "You check that side of the room, and I'll check the other. Just to be sure."

Mitch nodded and walked away. "Okay."

When Scott came back out of the bathroom, Mitch was holding one of Scott's shirts in his hands, just staring at it while he waited for Scott to come back.

Scott slowly walked over. "Where'd I leave that?"

"Actually, I think I left this. It's one of the ones I was wearing. I'm sorry about that." Mitch replied, his voice showing signs of fatigue.

Scott took the shirt from him, and went to put it away, but then stopped and looked back at Mitch. "You don't want to wear it? Not that you have to, I'm just asking... You usually want to."