Chapter 57

The day of the two parties, Avi and Scott left the house around 7 P.M. to meet some of Avi's friends at a bar.

He'd told everyone that he didn't want a big thing, but Scott ignored him and invited as many people as he could.

Kevin promised to stay home with the Omegas, which also included Alex since Travis was out with Avi as well.

Todrick was also invited, but wanted to keep Kevin company at home.

Avi was enjoying all the Alphas he was hanging out with, mostly people from Alpha school.

They'd all been so excited to hear that Avi's strength was now greater than even the First Alpha.

Scott had stayed with Travis most of the night.

He'd remembered some of these people from school, but wasn't as familiar with them as Avi was.

Travis was mindlessly spinning the ring on his finger around a little.

Scott took a sip of the beer sitting on the bar in front of him. "So how's Alex?"

Travis smiled a little, eyes still staring in front of him. "He's great. Happy."

"He had a Heat recently, didn't he? Were you two aiming for kids?"

Travis chuckled a little, taking a quick swig of what he was drinking. "Lexi can't get pregnant. He's not ranked high enough. But he was talking about adopting for a little while."

Scott turned towards him a little more. "And you said no?"

"Not exactly.. I just don't think I'm ready, ya know?" Travis replied, finally turning to face Scott on the chair beside him.

Scott nodded, taking another drink. "I get that. I really do."

Avi came speed walking over and put his hands on Scott's shoulders. "Careful there, Rookie. You have somewhere else to be."

Scott shrugged, taking another quick sip. "Yeah, well."

Avi grabbed the beer from his hand. "Don't give me that. You're in charge of my Omega too. And if you think I'm giving her to you while you're sloppy drunk, you're wrong."

Scott took a deep breath, turning to meet Avi's eyes. "Fine. Is it time?"

Avi reached into his pocket to check his phone before shrugging. "If you want it to be. I'm pretty sure they just want to stay home and watch movies. That's what Omegas do, y'know. And when you get there, send Kevin and Todrick this way. Then it's just you, and three Omegas."

Scott nodded, standing from the bar. He glanced at Travis, still fiddling with the ring on his finger. "You should talk to Kevin about the adoption thing. He seems to know what he's talking about sometimes."

Travis nodded. "Thanks, Scott."

Scott gave him a nod and then turned to walk out of the bar.

He drove the car home, before handing the keys over to Todrick and Kevin. "Be safe." Was all he said to them.

Scott made sure to lock the door, and then sat between Alex and Mitch on the couch.

Kirstie walked in with a plastic crown on her head. "Look!"

Scott smiled at her. "You look beautiful, Mrs. Almost Kaplan."

Kirstie smiled widely and ran over to start a movie, before skilling towards Scott and plopping herself down in his lap.

She played with the ends of her hair while the movie started.

Scott looked beside him at Alex, who was smiling at the ring on his finger.