Chapter 147

(A/N)

LITTLE EARLY BUT WHATEVS

*******

Jake's father hadn't spoken very much, but Jake's mother was very interested in Alex's life.

Alex was a little nervous at first, but with Jake's reassurance he was able to open up and talk about himself.

Jake's mother reached across the table and set her hand on Alex's arm to help him speak.

Alex accidently started mumbling a little when he spoke about his parents.

Jake's father, who had only spoken to him a few times, scolded him slightly. "Speak up. Mumbling is meaningless because you know you'll have to speak again."

Alex's eyes flashed blue for an instant. "I'm sorry, Sir. Please forgive me."

Jake shook his head a little. "Jesus, Dad. He lost his parents. Show some respect."

"I understand that. But that doesn't mean he can just drop all of his manners."

"Actually... Yes it does. I don't want to argue with you. I just ask that you're not rude." Jake finished.

Alex swallowed harshly, hoping to speak again so they wouldn't argue. "I don't have parents anymore. And I don't have siblings. But I have grandparents and stuff. Like.. Other relatives. So I'm not alone. And Todrick was always there for me. Mitchie too. And Travis..." His eyes widened a little, and then he looked back down to his lap.

Jake reached over and set his hand on Alex's knee. "Hey, it's okay. You don't have to talk about that."

Jake turned to his parents. "He was in an abusive pack before Avi's pack. And... His previous Alpha saved him from the abuse. And then... He left, because he slipped up and did something awful to Alex. So he left Alex out of respect. But now... He has me. And that's as far as we're going to go into detail on that."

Jake's mom frowned, tears springing to her eyes. "Oh, honey. I'm so sorry to hear that, Alex. You seem so sweet... Who could do that to you?"

Alex didn't react at all.

Avi's dad left early, giving him a final pat on the back when he walked out. "I'm proud of you for taking on such an impossible task. Taking care of seven different people, while also preparing to care for a child...? Just.. Remarkable. We'll speak again soon."

Avi gave him a nod. "Yes, Sir. Thank you."

"You're welcome. And... Do me a favor. Tell Scott that if he ever needs anything..."

Avi nodded slowly, hoping he was just being nice rather than perverted. "Okay."

"And tell him that he looks really good in that tank top."

Nope. Definitely perverted. Avi sighed. "Whatever you say, Dad."

Kirstie's parents left soon after, giving both Kirstie and Avi a hug.

Todrick's mother absolutely adored Kevin. But I mean... Who's surprised?

When she had to leave, she gave him a long hug. "Don't ever doubt yourself, Kevin. You seem like the kind of person who makes things really hard on themselves."

Kevin smiled when she moved away. "Yes, ma'am. You're very kind."

"Take care of my baby for me, please."

Todrick shook his head, looking down with embarrassment. "Mother."

Kevin smirked at him and leaned towards Todrick's mother. "I will, ma'am. I promise."