Chapter 50

(A/N)

Okay technically it's not the 50th chapter.

But in this book it is.

SO YAY.

A double update for the 'holiday', perhaps??

********

Scott woke up quietly, and when Mitch jolted awake, Scott pretended to still be asleep.

Mitch sat up and situated himself right beside Scott, peering down at him to await instruction. "Alpha? Are you still asleep?"

Scott forced himself to be as still as possible, even when Mitch set his chin down on Scott's shoulder. "I miss you."

Scott fought the urge to smile, instead appreciating the things Mitch did when he thought no one was looking.

Mitch sat up straight, attempting to fix his hair. "Oh dear. I'm a hot mess. Thank goodness you're not awake to see it."

Scott peeked one eye open just enough so Mitch couldn't tell he was awake.

Mitch stood from the bed and ran into the bathroom. "I need a comb, stat!" He giggled to himself, the sound echoing a little in the bathroom. "What is 'stat' anyway?"

Scott finally cracked a smile.

Mitch came sauntering back into the room, now confident in his hair.

He stared at Scott's still sleeping form, unsure of what to do.

Mitch giggled a little. "Alpha. You better wake up. I'm getting naked."

Scott didn't move.

Mitch pouted. "Well fine then. I'll just go be naked in Avi's room."

Scott actually had to consider waking up on that one. Mitch wouldn't actually... Would he?

Mitch frowned when Scott still had no response.

Mitch ran over and tossed the blanket off of Scott's body, but Scott still stayed strong.

Mitch pouted even more, but took this time to appreciate Scott's body.

He poked one of Scott's abs, and giggled.

Mitch trailed down a little, poking one of Scott's thighs. "Look at my powerful little Alpha."

Mitch traced his finger down Scott's leg, nearly getting a shiver out of him.

Scott kept his eyes closed, but he was forced to jump awake when Mitch unexpectedly wrapped his lips around one of Scott's nipples.

Scott gasped, eyes shooting open. "What the--?!"

Mitch giggled and laid down beside him. "Good morning! That's the first time I've ever woken you up! How exciting."

"So that is how you choose to do it?" Scott asks incredulously.

Mitch giggled again. "Yeah. I knew it would work, so."

Scott sighed and rolled his eyes, opening his arm up so Mitch could lay beside him, Scott holding him close to his body.

Scott kissed his forehead briefly, and Mitch began to talk. "Alpha...? I think it would be.. Smart, to talk about Jamie..."

"What about him?"

"The things he's been sending... The fact that he's teamed up with the Omega Snatchers... His idea to use you against me.." Mitch rattled his thoughts off one by one.

Scott slowly shook his head. "If you want to, go ahead. I'm listening."

Mitch took a deep breath, settling his head on Scott's shoulder. "Well... I'm terrfied. He's going to take you away from me... Or he's going to make you hate me.. And then when I'm unprotected, he'll come after me. And the gifts.. I just.. Don't want to be reminded of them."

Scott expected him to say more, but he didn't. "I'm sorry you feel that way. But I won't let anything happen to you. You don't have to worry. And as far as his little presents go, we'll just throw them away before anyone sees them. Okay?"

Mitch smiled a little. "That sounds good. Are we busy today? Because I kind of just feel like.. Cuddling."

"That's perfectly alright with me."

********

Scott left Mitch alone to shower, while he walked into Avi's room as Avi had asked him to the previous night.

Kirstie was sitting behind him, playing with his hair while he read emails.

Todrick was also in the room, sitting on Kevin's lap while Kevin peered around Avi's shoulder to read about The New Counsel as well.

Scott closed the door slowly. "Jesus. It's a party in here. I should've grabbed Mitch."

Avi leaned back a little to speak quietly to Kirstie. "Honey, would you mind going to Mitch's room for a little while?"

She leaned forward and kissed his temple, standing from the bed quickly after. "I wouldn't mind at all."

As she walked past him, Scott informed her. "He's in the shower. But you might be able to hear him singing if you listen real close."

She smiled widely before hurrying out of the room to do just that.

Scott then sat in her place, looking over Avi to see the email. "Alright ladies and brains, what are we looking at?"

Avi turned a little. "Who are you calling a lady?"

Scott held up Avi's unfinished braid that Kirstie left in his hair. "You tell me."

Todrick gently slapped Scott's hand away. "Oh, will you two stop that? This is important."

Scott nodded, leaning away. "Sorry. My bad."

Todrick sighed, leaning into Kevin a little. "No, I.. I'm sorry. It's been a long morning."

Kevin kissed his neck. "It's alright. Just relax, baby. You don't have to say a word."

Avi scanned the email once more. "So... Albert sent this, I think. And he is talking about bringing us in for more testing, just to be absolutely certain they're on the right track."

Scott sighed. "More physical activity? Yay." He quipped sarcastically.

Avi didn't acknowledge him, but Todrick chuckled a little.

Avi continued reading it in his head. "And... He also wants to test a little on our relationships. Alpha to Omega, and probably Beta to Beta, if you wouldn't mind coming with us Todrick."

Todrick smiled a little. "No, that's not a problem. I.. I just might need you to talk to Travis."

Avi nodded. "Absolutely. Will do."

"Then I shall happily accompany you."

Scott read the email over Avi's shoulder, trying to catch himself up.

He was about halfway through, when Kirstie burst into the room abruptly.

Avi glanced up. "What is it, baby? What's wrong?"

"Mitchie is crying. I don't know why and I can't make him stop." She said quickly.

Scott was up in an instant, sneaking past her to find Mitch.

Kirstie frowned at Avi. "I'm sorry to interrupt you guys... I just didn't know what else to do."

Avi smiled at her, patting the bed beside him. "That's okay. Come sit down, Princess."

*******