Chapter 140

Somewhere in the middle of trying to help, and keep the Betas from stressing out too much at the same time, landed Scott helping Kevin cook breakfast, and Mitch sitting at the dining room table letting Todrick do his make-up.

Todrick just so happened to carry this stuff around, but no one said anything.

Scott was flipping pancakes, when Kevin paused his egg cooking to answer his phone. "Good morning, Alpha. How are you?"

Scott didn't want to eavesdrop, but also felt a little bad that Avi hadn't called him instead.

Maybe Avi really didn't trust him to take care of the pack. He'd only left him in charge because he was an Alpha.

Or maybe he secretly left Kevin in charge, but told Scott differently so that he wouldn't argue.

Kevin tapped his shoulder to get him out of his own head, and put his cell phone on speaker, setting it down on the counter. "Sorry, Alpha. Could you say that again?"

Avi took another breath. "Scott, I need you to honestly tell me if sleeping on the couch is too much for Mitchell with his current injury. Kirstie and I have been waiting for a little while, and it's like.. All my thoughts are eating away at me."

Scott flipped another pancake, his face conveying no emotion. "It was fine. I didn't let him lay on his back at all, so I'm sure he didn't even notice."

"Oh alright. Thanks... Just let me know, okay? And also. When I told you guys you needed to clean, I wasn't really thinking about it at the time... But please be careful with your hand. I know you don't like to take it easy on yourself even when you're hurt, but don't do something stupid. Okay? And Mitchell is excused from chores if he doesn't feel up to it. Alexander as well, depending on how his back feels."

Scott nodded, just silently absorbing all this information. "Yes, Sir."

While Kevin said his goodbyes and hung up the phone, Scott leaned back a little to see beyond Kevin, looking to Todrick at the table, putting eyeliner on Mitch.

Todrick was smiling widely, and Mitch looked anxious.

Scott turned back to what he was doing, he and Kevin exchanging occasional words.

Once Kevin had finished putting things together, he took the pile of pancakes that Scott had put on a plate and added them to his breakfast.

Scott then walked over to see what Todrick had done to Mitch, which was just eye make-up and a little bit of lipstick.

Why on Earth did Todrick have lipstick? Scott didn't know. But again, he wasn't about to ask.

Mitch stood up from the chair and gestured for Scott to sit down.

Scott did so slowly, not sure why Mitch wanted him to sit down.

Mitch smiled at Todrick. "Will you put eyeliner on him, too?"

Scott held up a hand though. "Wait. Slow down. Why?"

"Because you have pretty eyes and the black will make them stand out more than they already do."

"Why do they need to stand out?"

"Because... It'll look pretty."

Scott sighed. "Fine. Hit me with it, Todrick."

Todrick nodded quickly, grabbing his black pencil and beginning to do as Mitch had asked.

Scott laughed once, and Todrick had to move away so he wouldn't accidently poke him. "Something funny, Alpha?"