Chapter 122

After Avi made his phone call to warn the others of their tardiness, Albert pointed to the section of people that were in charge of watching the Omegas, and allowed them to ask their questions.

One of the Betas was the one to do it. "This part is just to see how well you retained your knowledge from school. For example, Omega number one. Mitchell. What is the second rule of being an Omega?"

Mitch only had to think about it for a second. "Refusal of subordinacy will result in punishment."

"And, Omega number two. Kirstin. What should you call your Alpha?"

Kirstie smiled as she answered. "Alpha, or Sir, unless the Alpha requests otherwise."

Avi was honestly impressed. He didn't expect them to remember much from school, because of how long ago it was.

He knew Kevin would remember, but was now a little nervous for himself and Scott, because he knew that neither of them were such great students in school.

Another Official began. "Beta. Define the word 'anamnesis.'"

Kevin didn't even blink. "Noun. The ability to recall past occurrences."

"Bonus question. In which class did you personally learn this word?"

"Psychology. The second day of class, I believe."

Avi shook his head at how ridiculous his memory was. Avi was definitely screwed.

One of the Counsel Alphas began. "Alpha number two. Scott. I understand that you took a class based on police and military training. What is the first rule for constructing military correspondence?"

Scott racked his brain, taking at least two seconds before responding. "Avoid jargon."

Kevin smiled a little. He knew that.

Avi gulped as the Official moved on to him.

"Alpha number one. Avriel. The Lead Alpha. What is the number one reason for leadership training to fail?"

Avi looked baffled. He never remembered learning that. But maybe he knew it somewhere in the back of his mind...

Avi was a leader, no? He had to know this answer.

Avi shook his head. "I'm sorry, could you repeat that question?"

In the few moments it took for the question to be repeated, Avi looked to Kevin. Who, for the first time in a long time, looked confused as well.

Scott had a proud smirk on his face though, which irked Avi to no end.

Avi hummed and looked at the Alpha who asked him. "Training. Because a leader needs to be developed, not trained. Also, training teaches patience, while development teaches courage."

The Alpha nodded and scribbled something down, obviously liking Avi's answer.

Albert smiled at all of them. "Very well then! I think we have one more activity for you... And then you should be on your way! I'd kind of hoped that the larger Omega would be here for this... But perhaps Mitchie will do just fine."

Mitch smiled when Albert used his nickname, warming up to him even more.

Albert slowly walked down the stairs. "Last session, we tested your reactions to an Omega falling and getting hurt. So today we're going to fully demonstrate what each of you should do. We should probably start with the Omega, as it is the easiest."

Albert took Mitch's arm, and then helped him sit down on the floor as an example.

Mitch looked scared for a second, but Albert gave him a warm smile. "Nothing to be afraid of. I promise."