Chapter 49

(A/N)

Posting this super early cuz I'm paranoid that I won't be able to post on time xD

I'd rather be early than late.

Going to play tennis now. Wish me luck?? LOVE YOU ALL :*

*******

Avi walked back into the kitchen after having Kevin tape up his hand.

Scott was still carefully plucking pieces of glass out of the sink, but this time he looked more upset. Not necessarily angry, but conflicted.

Avi just sighed, leaning against the counter. "Sorry about that, Rookie."

Scott shrugged. "It's alright. It's kind of fun, I guess."

"You're a terrible liar."

"Actually I'm one of the best, remember? If I really wanted you to think I was having fun, I would have convinced you already."

Avi took a step closer to him. "That's true. So what's wrong then?"

"Nothing. Just.. Mitch and I are arguing again." Scott mumbled, throwing another piece of glass away.

"About what?"

"I didn't want him to get hurt, so I told him not to touch the glass. And he disobeyed me. I even said please. Please do as your told, I said. So he went off on me about me treating him like a slave. But.. I thought I was a nice Alpha. Like.. Nicer than I should be. But he feels like my servant?"

Avi sighed and shook his head. "You can't take any of that seriously. It's like.. Afterglow. He's still reeling from his Heat. Just give his brain a chance to catch up. He'll be back to normal tomorrow, I bet."

"He said it for a reason. It's not like he just made it up. Do I treat him like a servant?" Scott asked, almost sadly.

Avi put a hand on his shoulder. "No. You don't. You really don't."

Scott shook his head and then his posture hunched a little. "I... I want to propose... But it's like.. Every time I think I'm going to do it, we start to argue. And I just get so frustrated. Like.. I want to shake his damn shoulders and shout at him, because all I want to do is love him but he keeps arguing with me. And he keeps disobeying me. And... Maybe he's not the one. But... He has to be. Because he's my everything..."

Avi stared at him for a minute, having to blink back tears. "Don't talk like that. You're going to make me cry. He is the one, Scott. I can almost promise you that. I've never seen two people so very in love. You argue, because you care. Relationships aren't supposed to be perfect. They're just.. Supposed to be.. Two imperfect people willing to overlook the flaws of the other. Because they love each other."

Scott smiled and shook his head. "I knew you were a hopeless romantic."

Avi scoffed and hit his arm playfully. "I was trying to give you advice, you jerk. Now you're on your own."

"I don't need advice from you. I can ask Kevin." Scott said with wink.

Avi smirked. "Oh really? You'll ask Kevin for relationship advice? The same Kevin that forgot to lock the door and exposed your Omega to their acts of nakedness?"

Scott laughed loudly before responding. "That's a pretty kinky relationship, but it's still a relationship."

"Great. Good luck with that. I'm sure Mitchell is into it."

Scott laughed again. "He's literally the last person that would ever--"

Mitch walked into the kitchen, arms over his chest. "I heard my name. Are you talking bad about me behind my back?"

Avi eyed him up and down curiously, never really seeing this kind of attitude from him before.

Scott turned, smile vanishing. "No. We were just saying--"

"Don't lie to me." Mitch interjected.

Avi scoffed then. "Did you just interrupt an Alpha?"

Mitch's posture faltered for a second. "I.. Yes. I did."

Avi shook his head in disappointment. "How disrespectful. Shame on you."

Mitch frowned, his whole demeanor softening. "I.. I'm not a bad Omega."

Scott just watched this happen with wide eyes. Mitch wasn't used to discipline, seeing as how it had been a good while since Scott had lectured him about something.

Avi shook his head, crossing his arms over his chest. "You're better than this, Mitchell. I taught you better. Scott taught you better. So what is the matter?"

Mitch looked down at the ground. "Well... I... I don't know.. He wouldn't let me help! I just wanted to help him. He always treats me like a child. But I'm not!"

Avi nodded once, the truth finally coming out. "He just wants to protect you. And if that means treating you like a child, then I'm sorry, but that's how it has to be. Think about this. How many times have you been around Scott, and gotten hurt? Not many. And how many times has he gotten hurt to protect you? A lot more."

Mitch nodded at the ground. "I know." He mumbled.

Avi nodded, reaching out to pull Mitch's chin up, demanding eye contact. "So maybe instead of being ungrateful for his care, you should thank him for always looking out for you."

Mitch just stared at him.

Avi released Mitch's chin, and turned to make eye contact with Scott. "Sorry again about the glass. Come talk to me in the morning. We have to discuss The New Counsel again."

Scott nodded and watched him go. He turned to Mitch, expecting an act of gratitude.

Mitch just stared at the doorway Avi recently walked through. "So, he's feeling better."

Scott blinked at him a few times, and then turned on the sink to rinse out the smaller pieces of glass.

Mitch came up to his side slowly. "Are you mad?"

"No. Should I be? Probably."

"But it's not fair. You treat me like a--"

"Mitch. It's late. Can we not do this right now?" Scott begged, turning the water off.

Mitch didn't answer, just bowed his head.

Scott lead him to their bedroom quietly, only speaking when he closed the door behind Mitch. "I'm not mad. Stop moping around like I'm mad."

Mitch nodded and sat down on Scott's side of the bed.

Scott removed his towel that he was still wearing, slipping on a pair of boxers in it's place.

Mitch watched him, never uttering a word.

Scott finally turned and sat down next to him. "You going to change?'

Mitch nodded, slowly standing to do just that.

Scott got comfortable under his side of the blanket, waiting for Mitch to climb in and do the same.

Mitch still didn't say anything, scooting over to be right beside Scott.

Mitch initiated contact this time, setting his head on Scott's chest.

Scott kissed the top of his head briefly, and Mitch repeated an old question. "You still love me?"

Scott smiled to himself, and repeated an old answer. "More than I did yesterday, and less than I will tomorrow."

*********