Chapter 85

Avi knelt down by the bathtub and set his hand on Scott's shoulder. "You okay?"

Scott flinched away, even though he really didn't mean to. "Can you... Not be looking at me right now?"

Avi wanted to question it, but Scott looked almost terrified, so he complied.

Mitch smiled and waved at him, although Avi was in the middle of covering his eyes with his hands. "What happened, Rookie?"

Scott put his arm over Mitch's upper chest and pulled him closer to himself in an attempt to hide both of them a little more. "Nothing. Just a nightmare."

"Want to talk about it?"

Scott looked down at Mitch and shook his head. "Mitch doesn't need to hear this."

Avi nodded in understanding. "Later, then?"

Scott nodded.

Avi kissed Scott's temple before standing up. "No need to get modest. You're unbelievably handsome, isn't that right Mitchell?"

Mitch nodded quickly. "You're like.. If the word 'handsome' was a person. That'd be you."

Scott kissed his shoulder. "You're sweet."

Avi left the room then, but Scott shouted his name before he could.

Avi turned, clearly having a lot on his mind. "Mhmm?"

"Are Alex and Travis okay?"

*******

Scott walked into the other room in only his towel, seeing Alex sitting on the edge of the bed, head in his hands.

He took a step towards him, but Travis appeared out of practically nowhere. "Oh, Hell no. Get out of here until you get some actual clothes on. You're just confusing him."

Scott held his hands up in surrender. "Just wanted to make sure he was okay. Chill out."

Travis crossed his arms over his chest. "He's fine."

Scott glanced behind Travis and met Alex's eyes, full of tears.

Scott sighed loudly and walked into the other room to throw some sweat pants on, before walking back to the other room.

Mitch tried to follow him, but Scott pushed him back gently. "No, honey. Stay here. I'll be right back, I promise."

Scott made Kirstie go into that same room to give Mitch company, even though he was pretty sure Todrick was hiding over there too.

Scott then sat down beside Alex, putting an arm over his shoulders. "What's wrong, Xander?"

Alex shook his head, looking at Travis, but looking away as quickly as he'd looked.

Scott put his other hand on Alex's leg. "Come on now. You can talk to me."

Travis walked over and pulled Scott away by his upper arm. "Stop that! You're the reason he's so confused! When you fucking touch him like that, you're just leading him on."

Scott rolled his eyes, grabbing Alex's arm and pulling him out of the room even though he was still in his pajamas.

They walked into the hotel hallway, and that's where Alex broke down.

He crumbled in Scott's arms, not even trusting his own legs to hold him while he cried.

Scott held him tightly. "Oh, Alex... Talk to me. What did he say to you?"

"It's not even really that... He threw me around.. Pulled my hair and bruised my shoulders... He promised to never hurt me..." Alex whispered the last part.

Scott hugged him a little tighter. "Oh, Allie... I'm so sorry. He didn't mean it. He's just mad. He thinks he's losing you."

"You don't understand. He hurt me! He didn't just accidently hit me or something. He... Tried to... I mean, he threw me around. If I'd hit my head against that wall, Kevin said it might've given me a concussion."

Scott hummed. "Maybe you two should give each other some space."

"So... I should sleep on the chair in your guys' room?"

"I mean, if he's a true gentleman, he'll let you have the bed."

"And what if I can't sleep alone?"

"Xander, I know you can. I've seen it."

"But... That was with you..."

Scott 'tsk'ed. "Xand... You know I'd do anything for you. I just... Don't know how well that's gonna go with Mitchie."

Alex nodded once, looking down at the ground and bringing his hands up to fiddle around with them. "No, I get it. It's fine. I'll be okay."

Scott sighed. "I'll ask anyway. Okay? Don't be upset. I'll ask."

Alex shook his head, hiding his midsection with his arms. "No, I shouldn't have said anything. It's okay."

Scott pulled Alex's arms away from himself, and held his hands. "Okay, first of all? Stop being insecure. It's pointless. And second, I said I'll ask. So stop being sad. It's going to work out. You and Travis will figure it out."

Alex looked down at the ground again. "But... I can do it alone. It's fine. I don't want to put your relationship in jeopardy. I know how Mitch gets."

"I'm not just going to leave you to cram on a couch when you have nobody left to turn to. I'll take care of it. Okay? Just trust me."

Alex smiled a little. "I trust you, Sir."

*******

Scott had made Mitch sit down with him in the bathroom, Scott lifting him up and sitting him on the counter before standing in between his legs, resting his hands on Mitch's thighs.

Mitch smiled at him. "Hi!"

"Baby... I have to ask a favor of you. And... You don't have to say yes. It's completely up to you. Okay?"

At Mitch's nod, Scott continued. "I.. Okay. Alex needs somewhere to sleep tonight. And.. He could try to sleep on that little chair in the corner of the room, but I'd just feel terrible.. You know? And... I told him I'd ask you if he could stay in our bed tonight. I.. He needs someone, Mitchie."

Scott looked up at him slowly, afraid he'd be mad.

Mitch just smiled. "That's fine. He can definitely stay with us. Just.. Don't forget about me, okay?"

Scott blinked once, not sure if he'd heard correctly. "Are you sure? You don't have to say yes."

"I'm absolutely sure. We can't let him stay alone."

Scott smiled a little and then leaned forward to kiss him once. "You're growing up so fast, baby."

"I am an adult." Mitch replied with a giggle.

"People can grow at all kinds of ages. And I'm still older than you, so I can say whatever I want." Came Scott's snarky reply, along with a wink.

Mitch smiled back and then placed his hands on Scott's face to kiss him more, thus leaving Scott to lean forward and glide his hands along as much of Mitch's back as he could reach.

Mitch pulled away for breath and smiled at him. "You can bring anyone that you want into our bed. As long as you promise not to forget that I'm there too."

"I could never. Your name is in my every thought, I swear. I can't help it. You're just... Captivating." Scott finished with a smirk.

Mitch smiled widely and pulled Scott a little closer by wrapping his legs around the back of Scott's.

Scott fell into the counter a little, laughing as his face got drastically closer to Mitch's. "Why, hello there."

Mitch giggled again and kissed him once more.

Avi walked in, and then promptly walked back out. "Um. Scott? You two are super cute and stuff, but I have to pee."

Scott just picked Mitch up from the counter and held him on his hip before walking out of the bathroom. "It's all yours."

********