Chapter 145

Mitch's cat kept running from his lap, into Kevin's, and back over Mitch to get to Scott.

Scott didn't pay it any mind though. He just stared out the window.

Mitch set a hand on his knee. "Don't be sad."

Scott just shook his head.

Mitch sighed, unbuckled his seatbelt, and then sat on Scott's lap, his knees on the seats surrounding Scott so that Mitch was facing him.

Scott instantly grabbed his hips and stared into his eyes. "Mitchie... You're going to get in trouble."

Mitch shrugged and then leaned down to kiss him quickly. "Don't let your dad's negativity get to you. You're nothing like your father. And you never will be."

Scott slowly began rubbing circles on Mitch's hip bones. "That isn't my main issue. I don't want him to be mean to you. I know how to take negativity if it comes to me. But I don't want you to have to deal with it."

Mitch shrugged. "You'll figure it out."

Avi cleared his throat. "Guys..."

Kevin helped him get his point across by patting Mitch's seat with his hand.

Mitch frowned but sat down like he was supposed to.

Scott put his arm over Mitch's shoulders and pulled him into his side. "Thank you for trying to make me feel better, Sweetie."

Mitch frowned. "Why do your parents have to be so mean to you?

Scott leaned down a little, first kissing Mitch's forehead, down to his cheekbone, then his jaw and finally he trailed his kisses down Mitch's neck to where his shoulder is.

Finally he stopped and looked up at Mitch's lips, hoping to see a smile.

Mitch was in fact smiling, so much so that his eyes were half closed. "You always know what to do..."

Scott smirked. "I do my best."

********

Now that Avi had all the families in the room, he was having Kevin assign tables for each family.

The table closest to the stage/podium thing, was filled with the pack members.

Scott's father sat at the same table as Mitch's two parents, Avi's father, and Jake's parents.

Todrick's mother sat with both of Kevin's parents as well as both of Kirstie's parents.

Avi stood in front of everyone. "So.. I suppose we'll eat first, and then get down to business. And also, if you feel something running around under the table, don't be alarmed. It's just Mitch's cat."

A few people chuckled at that.

All of the Alphas stood from the tables to get food for their wives.

The difference in Avi's pack, was that everyone got up and got their own food.

Alex sat down with his plate full of fruits and vegetables, not wanting Jake's parents to think something bad about him.

When Jake sat down, he knew exactly what Alex was trying to do, so he grabbed an extra portion of the meat that was provided, and slid it onto Alex's plate.

After Todrick sat back down, he looked over to Kevin who was still standing by the table of food, helping Todrick's mom get whatever she needed.

Avi sat down last, making sure everyone had enough food, as well as walking around the other tables to introduce himself to the parents he hadn't met yet.