Chapter 131

After a quiet breakfast, Avi announced to everyone that the Counsel needed to see them after lunch, and then through the day until later.

He advised that Mitch bring a snack of his own because of whatever he ate yesterday at The Counsel that made him sick.

Scott hoped that if he made Mitch sit on his lap during the meal, it wouldn't hurt as bad as if he had to sit on a flat, regular chair.

He knew it was going to hurt regardless, but was trying to reduce the pain, even if just a little bit.

Mitch didn't want to eat because he was in pain, but knew if he didn't then Scott would force him to.

Alex and Jake were in their own little world.

Now that Alex was sure that everyone, mainly Todrick, approved of his relationship, he was perfectly fine with showing it off to everyone.

Kirstie asked Avi for extra servings, which he said was absolutely fine because of her current pregnancy. Even when Avi saw her sneaking things from other people's plates, he didn't say anything.

Until she reached across the table and stole some of Scott's food, and finally Avi was inclined to intervene. "Kitten. No. Scott has to eat."

She retracted her hand slowly. "Sorry..."

Scott smiled and pushed his plate a little closer to her, but Avi shook his head. "Scott. Eat. I'm not going to say it again."

Mitch never looked up from his plate, except when Scott would speak to him.

Scott kept one arm around Mitch, who was still content on his lap, and the other arm he used to feed himself to keep Avi happy.

Scott was the last person to finish eating, but everyone stayed at the table and had small conversations until he was done.

Mitch stood to take his plate, but when his feet hit the floor he cringed and let out a small whimper.

Scott stood up too, kissing his temple and then grabbing the plates from his hands. "Don't push yourself, baby."

Alex had circled around the table and grabbed the other plates, heading straight to the kitchen.

Kevin glanced at one of the clocks and then looked back to Avi. "What time would you like lunch to be ready?"

"Kev, we just finished breakfast. One meal at a time."

"Just.. So I can be ready." Kevin tried again.

"Just aim for noon. Whenever is fine."

"What about the Counsel? When will we be leaving for that?"

"After lunch."

Kevin sighed. "Can I please have a time? An exact time? I wouldn't want us to be late."

"Kevin. I understand that you need to have a schedule through your day. But you need to loosen up a little. It's going to be fine. We're not going to be late."

Kevin frowned at him for about five seconds.

"Eleven thirty. That's when lunch needs to be. We'll leave for the Counsel when everyone is finished, which should be about twelve thirty."

Kevin smiled at him. "Thank you, Sir. I'll have that ready for you."

Todrick stood from the table slowly, and then walked into the kitchen.

Alex and Scott were washing dishes, Mitch standing beside them, talking Scott's ear off.

Todrick hesitantly walked over to Alex. "Allie? I... I have to go call Travis. And I thought I'd ask, just in case, would you like to speak to him? Please don't feel inclined to say yes... There are just some things I need to have cleared up. And there's paperwork and stuff for our Pack... But if there's anything you need to get off your chest..."