Chapter 150

(A/N)

DOUBLEDOUBLEDOUBLE

********

Mitch unbuckled himself again, and climbed up into Scott's lap to face him. "Hi."

Scott didn't say anything.

"Hi." Mitch frowned a little. "Hi."

Kevin reluctantly spoke up. "Mitchie... You shouldn't sit like that..."

Avi glanced at him in the rear view mirror, and in that second the street light in front of him changed from green to yellow.

When he finally looked back down, he saw the red light change, and he cursed at himself quietly. Avi reached over with one hand to hold Kirstie back so she wouldn't hit her head on the dashboard while he hit the brakes. "Hold on, guys."

He did manage to stop on time, but had to slam on the brakes a little more than he'd intended to.

Scott grabbed Mitch in a hug, as the smaller boy had no seatbelt on.

Kevin even reached a hand out to hold Mitch in place.

Avi turned around to make sure everyone was okay. "Sorry about that, you guys. Are you alright? Mitchell, sit down in your seat."

Kevin looked around too. "Yes, Sir. I think everyone's okay."

Mitch hugged Scott for what seemed like forever.

Avi drove when the green light told him to. "Mitchell, I am not going to tell you again."

Mitch whined at him, and hugged Scott tighter.

Scott tried to push him away, for the greater good. "Mitchie, listen to him. You're going to get in trouble."

Mitch moved away, but held on tightly to Scott's shirt. "Why won't you ever just let me love you? Why do I always get in trouble for loving you?"

Kevin tapped his arm. "That's not why you get in trouble. You get in trouble for not listening, or just disobeying in general."

Mitch sighed dramatically, and moved to sit in his own seat.

Scott reached over and buckled his seatbelt for him. "I'm sorry, honey."

Mitch crossed his arms over his chest and looked out the window.

Alex reached forward and set a hand on Mitch's shoulder, but Mitch pushed his hand away.

Scott flicked Mitch's knee with his fingers. "Don't you dare get rude with him. He's not the person you're mad at."

Mitch frowned at him. "Now you're mad at me too."

"You really want to get in this argument in front of all of our friends? Including your Lead Alpha?"

Mitch shook his head slowly. "That's what you're worried about?"

"No, Mitchell. I don't care what they think. I was just trying to protect you. But if you don't care either, then let's just get this out of the way. Avi is mean to you because he's doing my job. And I've been putting it off because I don't want to be mean to you. Not ever. But I'm going to have to start doing it if this is how you're going to behave."

Mitch's eyes gradually filled with tears. "You...? Oh no.. Please don't punish me. Please."

"Why not? If it's going to change your attitude, then..." He trailed off.

Mitch's tears fell slowly, but he paid them no mind. "I couldn't handle it if the love of my life was the one standing behind me with a whip. Please... Don't."