Chapter 14

Kevin walked into the dining room near the end of the argument. "Can you guys please not do this? Not here. Not now."

Avi shook his head and walked out of the room, leaving Scott still hunched over in his seat.

Kevin slowly walked towards him. "You shouldn't argue with him like that."

Scott just sighed. "I know."

"I mean, he is your leader--"

"I know." Scott replied sharply.

Kevin nodded and sat down next to him. "We all know that you're stressed out, Alpha. We understand. You have a hard job. And we still love you like nothing else. You know you can talk to us. Me, even."

Scott didn't answer.

Kevin sighed and looked down at his hands. "The, um.. The others are in the living room playing Twister... Maybe that would help you feel better."

Scott was silent again.

"Please don't ignore me.. I'm just trying to help you, Alpha." Kevin said finally.

Scott looked up, setting his chin on his arms. "I'm sorry, Kev. I just.. Like being alone. Then I don't have to wrap people up in all my problems."

"That's not healthy."

"No. But it's how I do it. It is what it is. Right?"

********

Scott was now sitting on the couch beside Todrick as they watched Avi and Kirstie play Twister.

Avi was practically in a back bend as Kevin flicked the spinner with his finger. "Umm. Left foot blue."

Avi groaned and moved, Kirstie giggled, trying to find the specifically colored dot. "Where's blue? Alphaaaa. Help me."

Avi laughed a little too. "It's over here, Princess."

She slipped her foot under him to reach the spot. "I found it!"

"And I've found a leg cramp." Avi grumbled.

Mitch giggled and watched over Kevin's shoulder as he spun again. "Right hand, red."

Kirstie laughed and shouted. "That's impossible!"

Avi reached around and put his hand on the dot.

Kirstie tried to do the same, but fell down in a fit of giggles.

She accidently knocked Avi's feet off of the ground and he came down too.

He fell on her leg for almost a half a second, before he jumped up in a loud gasp. "I'm sorry, honey! Oh God, I didn't hurt you did I? Is your leg okay?"

Kirstie laughed some more and nodded. "I'm fine. You worry too much."

Avi reached a hand out and helped her stand, before giving her a quick kiss.

Kevin smiled at Todrick. "Your turn."

"Absolutely not. I am not even the slightest bit flexible. This is just.. Not my game."

Kevin smiled wider. "Perfect. Neither is Scott. You two are the perfect players for each other."

Scott huffed. "No way. I'm not doing that."

Mitch stood up from the ground. "I'll play with you guys too! Please, Alpha?"

Scott sighed, knowing he couldn't say no. "Fine."

Mitch squealed and grabbed his hands to pull him off of the couch, Todrick standing too.

Scott was alright through the game, until the three of them became tangled up.