Chapter 71

When Avi and Mitch walked back out into the dining room, Kirstie and Scott were taking turns tossing little bits of food into each other's mouths.

Avi smiled at her, and she winked back. Both of them knowing that she'd found a way to get through to Scott without him getting suspicious.

When Scott saw Avi, he stood from the table. "Do you think I should go get Kevin? He should be resting anyways."

Avi was about to nod, and say something, but Kirstie interupted him with a gasp. "What if we took that Counsel vacation for him? Wherever he wants to go? And he can bring Todrick."

"Kit, he's just healing, not dying." Avi replied.

Scott held up a hand to him. "Actually, she's got a good point. What better place to heal and relax, than your dream vacation?"

"Off the top of my head? Home." Avi sassed.

Mitch grabbed Scott's arm. "We're going on another vacation?!"

Scott looked to Avi, awaiting his answer.

Avi rolled his eyes and looked at Kirstie. "Yeah. I guess."

Kirstie looked to Mitch and then they both squealed, jumping up and down together.

Avi just sighed.

Scott moved to walk down the hall, but Mitch clung to his arm before he took a single step. "Where are you going?"

"Just going to go call Kevin."

Mitch started to walk down the hall where Scott was going to go, but Scott snagged his wrist quickly. "Why don't you stay here? I'll only be a second."

"Trying to get rid of me?"

"No, I-- I mean-- Ugh. Mitch."

Mitch just raised his eyebrow at him, expecting an answer.

Avi rolled his eyes at them. "Will you two knock it off? What's the deal with you guys? Mitchell, stay here. Scott, make the call. See? Was that so hard?"

Mitch frowned at Avi. "But I want to go with him."

"Why? He can do it all by himself."

Scott just turned and walked away, not wanting to get involved.

Mitch turned and watched him go.

Kirstie smiled at Avi. "Where are we going? An amusement park?!"

Avi chuckled a little, putting his arm around her waist. "I seriously doubt that's where Kevin would want to go. But who knows?"

Mitch turned around, trying to get into the conversation. "Maybe another beach?"

Kirstie smiled widely. "Ooh! Then you can perform again!"

Mitch giggled a little. "Maybe."

Scott walked out of the hallway then. "Todrick is already on his way over here. Kevin said he doesn't care where we go, just as long as it isn't cold."

********

Kirstie was standing by the door waiting for Kevin to come home.

Mitch was standing beside her, not saying a word.

But that was when Kirstin decided there was something she needed to get off of her chest.

She leaned towards Mitch a little. "You shouldn't talk to your Alpha like that."

Mitch glanced at her, and shook his head. "I know. I don't mean to."

Kirstie shook her head right back. "It doesn't just happen, Mitch. You were given a choice. Next time make a better one."