Chapter 188

(A/N)

I'm going to double today for the New Year :*

LOVE YOU GUYS. HOPE YOUR YEAR WAS GREAT!

********

Scott nearly broke the door down when he got close enough to Mitch to hear him actually sobbing.

Apparently, Mitch locked it to avoid anyone finding him, but that door hardly stood a chance when Scott came barreling through it.

Scott slammed it shut behind him, but didn't even realize that he had done so.

Mitch was his only focus, and he ran over to the lump on the bed, covered in blankets with Scott's pillow clutched tightly to his chest.

Scott threw blanket after blanket off of his face, and then he dropped to his knees in front of Mitch's face. "Oh my God." He whispered, mostly to himself, but Mitch definitely heard it.

Mitch's red, swollen eyes finally met Scott's worried blue ones, and he sobbed louder, if it was even possible.

Scott leaned forwards and kissed him, the only thing he could think of. Just to get the heart wrenching sound to stop, that's all he wanted.

Mitch shook his head after a moment, and leaned away before sitting up in bed and wiping at his eyes furiously.

Scott climbed on the bed and crawled to him before tackling him in a hug. "Mitchie, are you okay?!"

Mitch hugged him tightly, agreeing with himself that it was okay for Scott to see him fall apart, and he didn't need to push Scott away.

If he was being honest with himself, pushing Scott away would only make him double his efforts to get in.

Mitch pressed his face against Scott's chest the instant Scott laid them down to cuddle the boy in his arms.

Scott kept one arm firmly around Mitch's waist, the other coming up to brush Mitch's bangs out of his eyes. "My poor baby..."

Mitch sniffled a few times and then looked into Scott's ocean blue eyes, which were full of care for the smaller boy, and Mitch remembered the first time he'd seen them.

He remembered thinking that he would give anything to drown in that ocean, as long as it meant he and Scott would never be separated. And now, staring back at them almost a year later, Mitch confirms this thought.

Scott's eyes had engulfed him time and time again, and now Mitch was completely submerged. Drowning in Scott's love.

But he would rather drown in it, than be torn away from it.

Scott stared right back at him, not wanting to rush Mitch into speaking.

"Alpha... I'm sorry for worrying you."

"What's the matter, honey?"

"I... Don't be mad."

Scott smiled a little and brushed Mitch's bangs away for a second time. "Mitchie, I'd have to be a monster to get mad at you for crying. Now please... Talk to me."

"I answered your phone without your permission. And.. It was your dad, asking about your mom I think. And.. I hoped, as an Omega, I could explain to him why she felt the way she did. But.. He got mad.." Mitch's voice dropped to a whisper, before disappearing completely.

"I'm not mad at you for answering my phone, baby. If that is bothering you, let's just get it out of the way. My dad got mad at you. Did he yell at you?"