Chapter 144

(A/N)

Yes I am posting on Thanksgiving just in case any of you need an excuse to escape your family xD

BUT ANYWAYS HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

I'm not gonna double though, so y'all can get back to it :*

Maybe tomorrow? Remind me xD

********

Todrick worked on Alex's back right after Kevin made yet another meal, lunch.

They'd all eaten while taking care of things.

Jake was laying on the floor beside Alex, holding his hand just in case.

Avi was in his room trying to crank out his Alpha training before his parents got here.

Right around his 40th sit-up, Kirstie walked over and sat down on his hips while he continued.

Every now and then he would sit up and peck her lips before coming back down, and then repeating the action.

Scott was pacing back and forth in his room, by himself, because Mitch was in the bathroom with Todrick, who was doing his make up for the day.

Kevin walked in to find his Beta, when he saw Scott walking back and forth.

Kevin blinked at him. "Are you pacing?"

"Maybe."

"Why?"

"Don't want to face my father."

"Why not?"

Scott stopped walking just to give him a disbelieving look. "Are you really asking me that?"

Kevin shrugged, taking a small step closer to him. "I mean... What could they possibly do that they haven't already? You know they're going to say something mean to you. So ignore it. You know they're going to say something rude to Mitch. So kiss him until he forgets. Anticipation is key, Scott."

*********

The Pack was now lined up in front of Avi, who was walking beside them to make sure their appearances were up to his father's standards.

Avi walked past both Betas, who looked great, past Jake, who also looked very dressed up.

He stopped in front of Kirstie. "Kit, I love you to death. But... Oh God, I feel so rude for saying this. Can you, um... One of your socks is the wrong color...?"

Kirstie looked down to her ankle boots, and sure enough one sock was white and the other was gray. She giggled at herself. "I can't believe I did that. I'll be right back."

Avi took a step to stand in front of Scott. "This is an awkward thing to say, but here it comes. If you decide to wear that tank top, be prepared for my father to say something creepy and probably gross about your arms."

Scott shrugged. "I wore this shirt for Mitch's enjoyment. I don't care what anyone else's opinion is."

Kevin smiled proudly at him, and Avi nodded. "That's a good attitude to have."

He took a final step to stand in front of Mitch. "Now, Peanut.. Don't be upset. Please don't be upset... But, why are you wearing make-up? You look really cute in a big sweater and stuff... But why the make-up?"

Mitch looked to Todrick, who'd taught him a new phrase. "Gender fluidity."

Avi blinked at him a few times. "You mean like... Oh. Oh, that makes sense. That's actually pretty cool. I can't wait to see the look on my father's face when you say that to him."