Chapter 13

Scott had accidentally fallen asleep on the couch, arm over his eyes.

Mitch was just sitting on Scott's thighs, watching the television.

Kirstie and Todrick were making dinner, while Kevin was trying to massage Avi's back.

Avi was laying face first on the floor of the living room, Kevin knelt beside him.

Kirstie walked out of the kitchen, huge smile on her face and a cupcake in her hand.

She set it on the floor in front of Avi, who glanced up at her.

She giggled and clapped once. "I made you a cupcake! Isn't it cute?!"

Avi looked down at it and chuckled a little. "Is this chocolate?"

"Mhmm!"

"Thank you, Princess."

She smiled widely and walked back into the kitchen.

Avi stared at the cupcake for a little while, Kevin still working on his back.

Scott jumped all of a sudden, making Mitch jump off of his legs. "Sir, I'm so sorry! Did I hurt you?"

Scott didn't answer though, just shifted a little in his sleep, and then he was peaceful once more.

Mitch carefully sat back down on his legs, trying to maintain constant contact with his Alpha.

Kevin had stopped what he was doing to look up at Mitch. "He still asleep?"

"I guess so."

Kevin shook his head sadly and then went back to work on Avi's back. "That poor guy..."

Mitch frowned at him. "Why do you say that?"

"He's always so stressed out. You can see it on his face. So he gets short tempered. And he hates himself for it. That's why he shuts down all the time. Why he tells people to just stop talking to him. He'd rather isolate himself than snap at you guys." Kevin explained.

Mitch's frown deepened a little more. "Wh-What? He.. He's stressed?"

Avi looked over at him then. "You're kidding, right? Even Kirstin said something about it. And she's around him less than any of us."

Mitch looked down at his lap. "Oh."

Scott jumped again, and Mitch stood.

Mitch was about to sit one more time, but Scott gasped and sat up straight, making Mitch jump.

Scott put a hand over his heart. "Holy shit. Oops. I'm sorry, Mitchie. Didn't know you were still in here."

Mitch sat behind Scott and then pulled Scott into his chest. "What happened?"

"Just a nightmare. It's okay." Scott said, leaning back, careful not to put weight on Mitch's chest.

Mitch wrapped his arms around Scott and squeezed a little. "Are you sure? You seemed terrified."

"Yes, honey. I'm fine."

Kevin must've done something to Avi's back, because suddenly Scott heard a loud pop and then Avi sighed.

Mitch jumped. "Gross. You're gross."

Avi turned his head to glare at him. "Excuse you. I just saved your boyfriend over there from having to do push ups because of his foul mouth. I wouldn't be calling me names if I were you."

Mitch nodded and hugged Scott some more from behind. "I'm sorry, Sir."

Scott rubbed his eyes and then glanced down at the floor. "Is that a cupcake..?"