Chapter 143

Avi, Kirstie and Alex were sat at the table eating breakfast, the two Betas passing out plates full of food.

Jake was standing off to the side, on the phone with his parents to confirm their plans.

Kevin was very sure not to make bacon one of the breakfast options, remembering Kirstie's preference.

While everyone sat down to eat, Todrick first walked over to Alex to quietly ask about how his back was doing.

Todrick even had him stand up and lift his shirt a little, while he poked at it gently.

Todrick nodded once he'd seen enough, and requested that Alex put his shirt back down. "It seems alright. You might be fully healed in a day or so. Just be careful, okay? Promise me."

"I promise, Toddy."

Kevin made Todrick a plate, and had him sit beside him. "You have to eat, baby."

Todrick gave Alex one more worried glance, and then sat beside Kevin.

Scott stepped out of the shower, grabbing a towel immediately.

Mitch followed him, but hugged him, instead of grabbing a towel. "I love you, Alpha."

"I love you too, honey. Take this towel, Sweetie. You'll get cold..."

Mitch took a single step back, grabbing the towel to wrap around his waist.

Scott made the fatal mistake of looking Mitch's body up and down when his arms were out of the way.

Why couldn't Scott be that skinny?

He probably wouldn't be as strong or as able to fight if he were, though...

Mitch caught him staring at the ground, and took a step forward to look him in the eye. "Are you okay?"

Scott nodded, and took a step back. Mitch took another step forward though, which had Scott take yet another step back.

Mitch tilted his head innocently. "I did do something wrong, didn't I?"

"No. You didn't. I promise."

Mitch pouted at him. "Please tell me. I don't want you to be sad."

"I'm not sad."

"Yes you are. I can see it." Mitch argued.

Scott shook his head and walked past him to go into their room, hoping to find some clothes.

Mitch grabbed his arm with both hands. "Don't go."

"Mitch, stop it." Scott tried prying Mitch's fingers from his arm, but Mitch refused.

Mitch was still desperately trying to figure it out. "It's because of your body, isn't it? You're still insecure?"

"Mitch. I said stop."

Mitch continued as if he didn't hear Scott at all. "But you're beautiful... I don't understand how you could possibly--"

Scott ripped his arm from his grip, before quickly walking away. "I don't want to talk about this."

"You always say that. Every single time. When are we going to talk about it?" Mitch followed him into their room, crossing his arms over his chest.

Scott just waved a hand at him, before digging through his drawers to find some underwear.

Mitch walked over, eyes wide. "Alpha... Do you hate your body? Like... Hate, hate?"