Chapter 189

(A/N)

HAPPY DOUBLE. HAPPY 2016 Y'ALL :*

If you're partying, be safe xD

*******

Scott held Mitch's hand as they drove, Mitch assuming Scott was driving mindlessly, when Scott actually had a destination in mind.

Mitch glanced around at everything they were passing, enjoying the silence.

Scott let go of Mitch's hand to make a sharp turn, although he did it carefully, and that's when Mitch noticed that they were on a dirt road. "Alpha... Where are we going?"

Scott reached over and set his hand on Mitch's thigh. "You'll see."

Mitch pouted. "No fair."

Scott pretended to be angry. "Mr. Grassi-Hoying I will pull this car over right now if you do not smile immediately."

Mitch giggled, thus giving Scott the smile he asked for.

Scott glanced over for a moment so he wouldn't miss it. "There's my beautiful boy."

Scott finally pulled over into what looked like a single parking space, out in the middle of nowhere.

Mitch looked around when Scott turned the car off. "Did you get lost?"

"I know exactly where we are, Sweetheart. People will start coming in like an hour."

"What? Alpha I am so confused..."

Scott just grinned and hopped out of the car, before walking around to open Mitch's car door and stand between his legs when Mitch turned to face him. "I told Avi I wanted to take you on a date today. But I made him promise to act like he had no idea so I wouldn't embarrass you."

"A date? Sir, we are in the middle of a desert. How--?"

"Shh, I don't want to spoil it, but I will if you want me to."

Mitch weighed his options, and then nodded. He would very much like to know why they were in a desolated area.

Scott smiled and set both hands on Mitch's legs. "Every Thursday, some of the guys from my old school come out here just to hang out. And they've wanted me to bring you along, forever now. But what finally got me to say yes, was that one of them is getting married tomorrow. So today they're setting off fireworks out over there somewhere." Scott gestured to the area far in front of their car.

Mitch wasn't quite excited yet, but Scott wasn't finished.

Scott moved away from him to grab his hand and pull him towards the back of the car.

He opened the back, and showed Mitch all the blankets and food he'd brought. "We can just lay down on top of the car to watch like everyone else. I had Kevin help me make some food, so don't even worry. It should be pretty good."

Mitch finally let a huge smile spread across his face, but it suddenly dropped. "Wait.. I'm gonna meet some of your friends and I look like--"

Scott waved him off. "First of all, you look amazing as always. But I was a little nervous that you'd get cold so I brought some of my sweaters along... If you want, you can pick one."

He lifted up some of the blankets to show Mitch that he really had thought of everything.

Mitch couldn't take it any longer, so he jumped up and hugged Scott, wrapping his legs around Scott's waist when Scott picked him up off of the ground. "Thank you so much. I'm so excited!"