Chapter 21

That night, Kevin and Todrick were sitting on the couch watching a horror film, while Kirstie and Avi were in the kitchen making cookies.

Avi was rolling the cookie dough into little balls and spreading them across a cookie sheet.

Kirstie grabbed a little bit of cookie dough and nibbled on it, smiling at Avi. "This is really delicious!"

"And you thought I couldn't cook." Avi quipped sarcastically.

"I never said that. I just... Assumed it?"

Avi chuckled a little, putting another cookie dough ball on the sheet.

Kirstie grabbed two of the balls and smushed them together, rolling it into a bigger ball. "This one is for Mitchie."

"Okay, Princess. Whatever you say. Where is he, anyway?"

"He and the other Alpha are in their bedroom."

"Oooh. They're probably getting it on." He raised his eyebrows suggestively at her.

Kirstin giggled and hit his shoulder. "No! They're not. I'm sure of it. Scott said he wanted to have a talk with him."

"Oh God. Those are the worst."

"What? Having a talk?"

"No. Having a talk with Scott."

Kirstie hit his shoulder again, and he smiled.

She shook her head at him. "You act like you hate him, but you two would do anything for each other."

"Well of course. He's like my annoying little brother." Avi said with a smirk.

Kirstie went to hit Avi's shoulder again, but Avi turned towards her and kissed her instead.

Kirstin broke the kiss with a smile. "You and your romantic tendencies."

"You make it sound like a bad thing. You love it."

"Only because I love you."

*******

Scott was pacing in front of the bed, while Mitch sat on the edge of the bed in front of him.

Mitch stopped him once and pointed at his arm. "Where'd those bruises come from?"

"None of your business. Just be quiet."

Scott turned around to pace some more.

Mitch finally stood up and put a hand on his arm. "Would you stop that? You're making me dizzy."

"Sit down."

Mitch just stared at him. "What?"

"I said sit down, Omega!" Scott shouted, trying to sound authoritative.

Mitch flinched a little, but sat down quickly. "Am I in trouble?"

"No. Yes. I mean.. I don't know what I mean. Just sit for a second, okay? I'm trying to think."

Mitch nodded and got quiet.

Scott paced for a solid two minutes, and then stopped to face his Omega. "Are you.. I mean. You still love me, right?"

"Geez, when did you turn into the insecure one?"

Scott sighed. "So, no?"

"Don't be stupid. Of course I still love you. More than anything."

Scott nodded and looked back at the ground.

"Why...? Do I act like I don't or something?"

"No, you do. I just... I don't know. I guess I freaked myself out. Forget I said anything." Scott said, walking around the bed to lie down.