Chapter 167

(A/N)

THANK YOU SO MUCH urbiah
FOR THIS EDIT I AM IN LOVE WITH IT :*

********

"But... He was mean to Todrick. And Todrick isn't disrespectful."

Todrick shrugged, leaning back a little. "Sometimes I can be. And like I said, he has a tough job."

Kevin waved off the discussion. "That's not why I was bringing this up, anyways. I just... He deserves the opportunity to have a family. He and Kirstie are well on their way already. And... He deserves that. He's worked so hard these past few years... But he wants to continue caring for all of us as well."

Scott cleared his throat. "What's your point, Kev?"

"I need all of you to be grateful for the things he does. Scott, you have to stop arguing with him. You're doing a pretty decent job as of recently, but I'm just saying. Alex, don't speak more than you have to. Just... Settle down a little. Kirstie, make sure to tell him everything that's happening. How you're feeling, what the baby is doing... Todrick, be careful when you correct him. I know that you're usually right, but just.. Be gentle about it. Mitch, watch your attitude. He doesn't need any extra stress. Is that clear?"

Alex frowned. "Do I talk a lot?"

"No, of course not. I just... You're always happy. And that's not a bad thing, it just gets on his nerves sometimes. If you really want to say something, just tell someone else. Okay? That's all I'm saying."

Scott raised his hand a little. "Um, just a quick thing. Why are we doing this exactly?"

Kevin took a deep breath and looked to the ground. "Well... I just want him to be in a good mood so he can make a smart decision about what he's going to do. Stay with us or take Kirstie somewhere else to raise his family."

Scott nodded once. "Okay. And what do you think he should do?"

"I... Don't know, actually. I wish he would stay here with us, because he's one of my best friends. But.. I also have to be careful, because he shouldn't feel obligated to stay with us if he doesn't want to." Kevin started to fiddle with his hands in front of himself. "I don't want him to go..."

Todrick stood up slowly and gave him a hug. "Aw, honey... He's not going to leave."

Kevin hugged back. "But he should. He should leave. I'm selfish for wanting him to stay."

"No you aren't. None of us want him to go. Especially because if he leaves, he takes Kirstie with him. And that's someone else you're not ready to lose. I understand that."

Mitch frowned at Kirstie. "You're leaving?"

"I don't know yet. It's.. Up to the Alpha, I guess."

"Do you want to leave?"

"No."

*********

Scott was now laying on the couch with an arm over his eyes, while the others, namely Kevin, had gotten a board game out on the dining room table to keep themselves occupied.

Todrick hadn't wanted to play, so he was sitting on the other couch with a book in his lap.

Alex was surprisingly good at the game, which made Mitch upset of course, but he didn't say anything because of what Todrick told him earlier.

And he didn't want Scott to have to growl at him again like he did when they were sitting on the couch.

Kirstie was losing the game, but she was definitely having fun, and Kevin took a moment, realizing how much he would miss her if she left too.