Chapter 141

Scott agreed to sit and listen, as long as Avi went and got him coffee after he was done speaking.

Avi stood in front of them, right between his Pack members and the T.V. "The thing with everyone's parents... Who all is coming? Like.. My family will just be my mother and father. Esther is away at school."

Mitch frowned. He'd wanted to see her again.

Kevin opted to speak as well. "It will just be my mother and father as well."

Todrick nodded. "Should just be my mom."

Mitch jumped a little from where he was sitting. "It's my mom, dad and my kitty!"

Avi nodded. "You're bringing Wyatt. Is anyone like... Allergic to cats?"

Scott raised his hand slowly.

Avi just scoffed. "Ironic. But you were fine last time, right?"

Scott nodded and shrugged. "Yeah. Not a problem. It's just my folks as well."

Alex slowly raised his hand, following Scott's example. "Um... My parents won't be here... But Jake's will."

"Okay. That's fine." Avi replied.

Kevin took a deep breath. "That's a lot of people, Avi..."

"I know. Let's see... Two parents for eight people, minus three... Plus a cat..."

Todrick interrupted. "21 people and a cat."

Avi sighed. "And we can barely fit eight of us here..."

Kevin offered a suggestion. "Maybe we can just... Have them all meet us here, and then follow each other by car to a restaurant. Or you could rent out one of those ballrooms in a hotel for a few hours. That would be like dinner, and then you could talk to everyone at the same time via microphone or whatever. And all the families can be at different tables... It would be easy."

Avi nodded and pointed at him. "I like that plan. Kevin would you mind calling a hotel in the area...?"

Kevin had already turned around to walk down the hall.

Avi took a deep, calming breath. "Okay then. We're really doing this."

********

Scott decided he'd go get the coffee, taking Mitch along with him in the car.

Kevin had been speaking to Avi about which hotel he'd like, out of the options he'd found that allow cats.

Todrick was kneeling on the ground beside Alex, still on the couch, and working on his back for him.

Jake had just been scrolling through movies, hoping to find one that Alex would like now that he was stuck on the couch with nothing else to do.

Kirstie was sitting beside Alex, his legs over her lap while she traced pointless things on his ankles, hoping to distract him from the pain in his back.

Scott went through the tiresome coffee order that he'd forced the Pack to write down for him.

He finally ended up with the eight drinks he needed, four on each carrier they'd handed him.

Scott held one on the console between he and Mitch, and the other rested in Mitch's lap.

Mitch took a few sips of Scott's, smiling at the old but familiar taste of coffee.

Scott snatched it away from him quickly as he began driving away. "Not today, babe. I need every ounce of this coffee."

Mitch pouted. "But it's so good..."