Chapter 36

(A/N)

Every Tuesday and Thursday from now on, (so tomorrow), I will absolutely do my best to post on time.

But on those days I have tennis matches after school, and I'm not sure when I'll be playing and stuff.

So if I post a little early, it's just because I'm totally paranoid about being late.

And if it's late, just know that I was busy AND I'M SORRY.

That just about covers it. So.. Here you go ^.^

Maybe a double???

********

Scott knew something was wrong before he'd even reached the doorstep.

He rushed inside and instantly ran towards Kirstie's voice, coming from the bathroom.

When he ran into the room, he saw Avi hunched over the toilet, throwing up.

He took a step back, then noticing Kirstin knelt beside him.

Scott saw Mitch coming towards him, but shook his head, pointing towards the kitchen. "Help Kevin unload the bags or whatever."

Mitch slowed down, deciding if he should listen or not.

He chose to do as told, walking towards the kitchen.

Scott grabbed Kirstin's arm, pulling her to stand up. "Go to the kitchen, Kit. I'll take care of this."

She glanced nervously down at Avi one more time, before leaving the room.

Avi leaned away from the toilet, looking to Scott as if he was going to say something, but quickly turned back and threw up again.

Scott knelt down and rubbed his back, grateful that Avi's man bun was keeping his hair out of the line of fire.

Avi leaned back again, taking a deep breath. "Oh Lord."

"What happened?"

Avi shook his head and looked over at him. "Not a single clue. I guess all my Alpha genes or whatever make me feel like I'm alright. But my body strongly disagrees."

Scott nodded. "Do you think you're done? I can stay in here longer. But I think if you feel better you need to go lay down or something."

Avi nodded, and grabbed Scott's sleeve as he tried to pick himself up off of the ground.

Scott kept one hand under his elbow just in case. "Want me to carry--?"

"Just let me be a man for a second."

Scott chuckled a little, helping him slowly walk down the hall. "Want me to bring you some soup or something?"

"Yes please, chicken and stars." He retorted sarcastically. "No, Scott! What did I just say about being a man? Just... Let me sleep a little bit." Avi mumbled the ending.

Scott was trying not to laugh, a smile on his face. "Chicken and stars...?"

Avi pushed him a little, but grabbed him quickly when he lost his balance. "Ugh, Scott. Don't make fun of me right now."

"Right. Right, I'm sorry."

Scott lead Avi into his bedroom, helping him lay down on the bed.

Avi closed his eyes and ran his hands over his face. "Jesus, I feel like shit. Where's Kevin?"

"Kitchen. I'll go grab him, if you need him."

"No, no. I don't want to bug him. Just.. Does my forehead feel hot to you?"

Scott took a step closer, setting the back of his hand on Avi's head, pressing it for a second before pulling away. "Jesus, Avi! I'm getting Kevin."

*******

Kevin ran into the room, Scott hot on his heels, with a thermometer.

Kevin quickly stuck the thermometer into Avi's mouth, pulling it out when he was supposed to, and then gasping. "Oh you're definitely not leaving this bed for a while."

Scott looked over his shoulder at the number. "105°? Holy shit."

Kevin tucked the thermometer into his pocket, before pulling the covers on the bed over Avi's body.

Avi tried to push back. "Kev, no more heat. I'm dying over here."

"Actually your fever would have to be about 107 or 108 for you to be dying. You have to stay warm. Hopefully you'll sweat the sickness out." Kevin replied quickly.

Avi shook his head slowly. "That didn't exactly make me feel better."

Kevin shook his head right back, too much going on in his head to be sympathetic. "Do you want Scott to stay and spoon you? Make you feel better?"

Both Scott and Avi looked at him with wide eyes.

Scott was first to veto the idea. "Um. No. I don't want to get sick."

"You can't catch sickness from other people. It's in your genes. Whatever happened to him happened inside of him." Kevin said with a dismissive wave.

Kevin was quiet for a second while he made a plan in his head, and then he clapped loudly. "Alright. Here's how we'll do this. Scott will have to lead the pack for a few days, just until you're nursed back to health. I'm not sure if what you have is contagious, but I'm 100% certain Scott can't catch it. So I guess.. We'll keep your Omegas in another room. Or with me. Either way."

Scott poked his arm so he'd pay attention to him. "No. Uh uh. Mitch can't sleep unless I'm there. Remember? It's not fair to punish him like that. "

Kevin nodded slowly. "Okay. Let me try again..."

Avi groaned and covered his face with the blankets. "I'm perfectly fine in here on my own. Scott stay with Mitchell. Kevin stay with Kirstie. Sound good?"

Kevin shook his head. "You shouldn't have to sleep alone."

"You do it all the time." Avi bit back.

Kevin sighed. "Fine. Okay? Fine. But if you feel sick again, come get me. Or Scott, even. If your Alpha genes can't knock this out, we may need to see a doctor."

Avi nodded under the covers.

Kevin walked out of the room, going to find the Omegas.

Scott sat down on the edge of the bed. "Get better soon, okay? I don't want to lead a pack."

Avi didn't look at him, just shook his head a little. "You'll be fine. Now get out of here. I know you love Chinese food."

Scott smiled and then peeled back the covers so that he could see Avi's face.

He leaned down and kissed Avi's forehead. "Get well soon, Av."

Avi smiled, grabbing the necklace that now dangled down in his face.

Scott watched as Avi stared at it, rubbing his thumb over the letters. "You two are so perfect..."

Scott smiled at him and stood up, thus pulling his necklace from Avi's hold. "Maybe. But we're not the ones getting married."

"But you might be."

"Will be."

Avi shook his head fondly. "Well, what are you waiting for, stupid?!"

Scott just smiled and walked out of the room.

********