Chapter 119

Alex slowly crumpled to the ground, Todrick not strong enough to hold him up when his body seemed boneless.

Todrick let him down carefully, and fell down on top of him when Alex's grip tightened on his shirt, not wanting to be left alone.

Avi shook his head and leaned out of the doorway to shout for Scott, the only person physically strong enough to help Alex that was also tall enough to be of use.

Scott came running out of his room at the urgency in Avi's voice, afraid something had happened to Mitch, although his hair was wet and he'd only managed so put on some basketball shorts.

Scott ran into the room and covered his mouth with his hand at the sight of Alex.

Scott walked into the room, and pulled Alex's hands away from Todrick.

Todrick jumped away from him, tears of his own falling down his face. "Alex, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you speak to him. Oh God, this is my fault."

Avi grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the room. "Don't do this to yourself. Find Kevin. Calm down."

Todrick nodded frantically, walking away without really thinking about it.

Scott picked Alex up off of the floor, setting him on the bed in a sitting position, and then kneeling down on the ground between Alex's knees. "Come on, Xander. Have some respect for yourself. He isn't worth it."

Alex continued to cry, his eyes already swollen and red. "I-I-I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Just stop doing this to yourself."

Alex wiped at his eyes, but the tears never relented. "What's happening to me?"

"It's called heartbreak, Xand. Happens even to the best of us."

Alex took a deep breath, but that only resulted in even more tears. "How could he leave me? How... How can he still say that he l-loves me... He doesn't love me..."

Scott set his hands on Alex's thighs. "Stop. Stop it. He loves you, just like you love him. But he left because it was what was best for you. If you're meant to be, you'll see him again. And if not, then you get to move on. Find someone who won't break your heart. Find someone who cares about you, and won't toss you into a wall just to get his point across. Okay?"

Alex nodded, throwing himself at Scott, hugging him around his neck.

Scott wasn't quite ready for all that weight to come at him at once, and he fell backwards to land on his back while Alex fell on top of him, still hugging him.

Scott panicked, thinking Alex was hurt. "Oh God, Alex, are you okay?!"

"Thank you so much... Thank you. Thank you."

Scott calmed down a little, and rubbed Alex's back while he kissed his forehead. "You don't need to thank me for that. Just... I don't ever want to see you cry like that over anyone. Do you hear me? No one has any right to give you that much heartache."

Alex nodded a few times, body still pressed against Scott's. "Yes, Sir."

*********

Mitch stood from his coloring, wanting to show Scott, while Kirstie continued coloring on a different side of the paper.

Kevin and Todrick were now sitting on the couch, Todrick's legs across Kevin's lap, while Kevin comforted him by rubbing his back, and putting a science show on the television.

Avi offered to finish breakfast since Kevin was now busy.

Mitch skipped down the hall to find Scott, and walked into Alex's room, seeing Scott tucking Alex into his bed, Jake laying beside him trying to keep him happy.

Scott kissed Alex's forehead before walking out the door, giving he and Jake some privacy.

Scott saw Mitch at the door, and moved him from the doorway, before closing the door and following Mitch out of the hallway.

Mitch flipped around halfway to the end of the hall, and tilted his head a little. "Did I just... See you kiss him?"

"Just his forehead..." Scott clarified.

Mitch pouted at him. "You're not supposed to kiss anyone but me."

"Mitchie. It doesn't mean anything. I just feel bad for him."

"So I can kiss Avi if I feel bad for him?"

"No, Mitch. Will you just..." He groaned frustratedly. "I don't get why you're giving me attitude right now. His Alpha left him, and then left an envelope with his wedding ring in it. Travis haunts him everyday with the Mark he left on Alex's neck. He just called Alex on the phone to tell him how much he loves him. And now Alex is confused because he has Jake. So why is it such a crime that I wanted to help him?"

Mitch took a step back. "I mean... I guess it's not so bad. Just... If you're going to kiss other people, you should have to kiss me double the amount."

Scott smiled and leaned down to kiss Mitch's lips once, pulling away, and then doing it again. "Better?"

Mitch frowned the entire time, not kissing back. "No."

Scott took a deep breath. "Okay, honey. How about... What if I promise never to kiss his forehead again? Not his lips, not his head, not anything. Okay? I'll save all my kisses for you."

Mitch smiled a little. "I like that much better."

Scott leaned down and kissed him one more time, one hand on the back of his head.

Avi walked over to tell them breakfast was ready, but turned around and changed his mind when he saw them.

Mitch pulled away with a hand on Scott's chest. "I'm sorry Alex is upset. And I'm sorry that I'm being... Kind of heartless about it. I just don't like sharing. Especially not you. I understand that he lost his Alpha. But that doesn't mean I'm okay with losing mine."

"Oh, honey... You'll never lose me. Not in a million years."

Mitch smiled. "Just kiss me."

Scott only hesitated for a second, and then he leaned down to capture Mitch's lips once more.

*******

Avi was setting some breakfast on the coffee table for the two Betas, when Jake came back into the living room.

The first thing Avi noticed were the tear stains on his shirt, most likely from Alex crying into his chest.

Jake saw Avi and pointed at the kitchen curiously. "Can I grab him some food?"

"Definitely."

Todrick looked up from Kevin's chest to see Jake. "You should also grab some for yourself. Alex doesn't like eating alone."

Jake nodded, heading straight to the kitchen.

He found Scott and Mitch in there, Mitch sitting on the counter with Scott standing between his legs, while Mitch fed him some of his waffle.

Scott tried to back away when Jake walked in, but Mitch held him still to keep feeding him.

Scott shook his head though, and took a step away. "Hey, Jake. How's Alex?"

"He's calmed down a little. He cried one more time, but he's alright now. We're watching T.V., but I thought I should get him some breakfast."

Scott nodded, and watched Mitch lean forward to put some more of his waffle in his mouth.

Scott sighed, but ate it regardless.

Jake walked out of the room quickly after, two full plates of food in his hands.

********