Chapter 168

Avi walked out to see what it looked like, and stood behind Mitch. "It looks nice, Kev. Thanks for setting it up."

Mitch jumped at the voice right behind him, but smiled when he was done speaking.

Avi set his head on Mitch's shoulder while he stared at the tree. "Mitchell, do you remember the first Christmas you and I had together, after I took you into my pack? When I lifted you off the ground to put the star on the tree, and you cried? Do you remember that?"

Mitch frowned and pushed him away. "You're being mean. That wasn't funny. I was really scared."

Kevin smiled at them. "I remember that. Poor Mitchie."

Avi chuckled. "I was just trying to be cute, and then you were crying and everyone was confused..."

Mitch groaned. "Stop it! I was terrified."

"I'm sorry, Mitchell. I'll stop."

"You're mean."

"I know."

"Like... Really mean. But only to me, for some reason."

"I said I'd stop. Now you have to stop too."

Mitch frowned at him. "Make me."

Avi raised his eyebrows and tilted his head a little.

"Wait, no. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that."

Avi squinted at him, and then looked at Kevin. "Has he been acting like this all day?"

"No, Sir. He's been mostly respectful, just a few rude things every here and there." Kevin replied.

Avi hummed. "Maybe I should punish him. Anyways. Kev? Where'd Scott go?"

"Um, I think he went to--"

Mitch's brain finally caught up and realized what Avi had said. "Wait, I don't want a punishment!"

Avi glared at him. "Don't interupt." Then he turned back to Kevin. "I'm sorry. Go ahead."

Kevin cleared his throat. "Um. He--"

"But, Alpha--"

Avi slapped a hand over Mitch's mouth. "Mitchell Grassi, don't you dare. I am so sick of your attitude. What happened to you? You used to be the most obedient Omega in the pack. Is it because of Scott? Is it something that happened to you that you haven't told me?"

Mitch's eyes teared up a little at Avi's harsh smack.

Kevin took a deep breath. "Mitchie... You had to know this was going to happen. What else can we possibly do to get you to behave? Avi has punished you several times. He's isolated you, taken Scott away, withheld speaking from you... What can we possibly do to get you to learn? Do we really have to send you back to school?"

Mitch shook his head frantically. "No, Sir."

"Repentance means nothing if you continuously repeat what you're sorry for." Kevin stated flatly.

Avi rubbed the back of his neck for a second. "Maybe... God, I don't even know. What more could I possibly do to teach you? Maybe you and I should spend a day together. I'll teach you something, that's for sure."

Kevin didn't want Mitch to get hurt, so he tried to offer a less physical punishment. "We could shun him like the Amish."

Scott walked back out with a large red box of ornaments, which he set on the couch.

He smiled at Mitch, but the smile fell when he saw the red mark on Mitch's face, surrounding his mouth. "What happened to you?"

Mitch shook his head. "He hit me... But I deserved it, so don't be mad."