Chapter 99

Mitch decided that he wanted Scott to get coffee, just so that he could have a little sip of it.

Scott hadn't thought anything of it, and gladly held his hand while they walked down the hall to the small coffee shop.

Mitch stopped at the entrance, and looked at Scott with a large smile. "I want to do it by myself. Can I?"

Scott blinked at him a few times. It had been so long since Mitch had done anything by himself. "Sure... If you want."

Scott handed him some money, and then watched from inside the doorway, leaning against the wall.

Mitch skipped over to the barista, and ordered both drinks with a large, toothy smile.

There were a few people in the small place, two of which sitting in front of Scott.

They appeared to be a couple, and the Alpha in the pair turned to Scott, pointing at Mitch simultaneously. "Is he yours?"

Scott just nodded, eyes only leaving Mitch for a split second.

"A male Omega? Neat."

Scott finally acknowledged him, smiling a little when he looked down. "I know. He's adorable, too."

The Alpha turned around a little in his seat, curiously. "Is it difficult? I mean... A male Omega is seriously different than a female. Like... Is he flexible enough?"

Scott tilted his head almost unnoticeably. "Excuse me?"

"My Omega is extremely flexible."

Scott squinted a little. "Are you suggesting that because your Omega is more flexible, she is somehow better than my Omega?"

The Alpha leaned back in his seat. "I'm just stating a fact."

"That she's better?"

"That she's more flexible. And probably more obedient. More honest. Maybe even more attractive."

Scott scoffed at him, eyes wide in disbelief. "I can't believe you're--" He stopped himself and tried again. "You're probably just jealous. You can judge him as much as you want. I know how beautiful, and wonderful he is. And that's all that matters. Saying awful things about someone who can't defend himself doesn't somehow make your Omega better."

Mitch skipped over, then. Tucking Scott's money back into Scott's front pocket. "She said it'll be a minute."

Scott nodded, pulling his attention from the cruel Alpha in front of him. "That's fine. Thank you for doing that."

Mitch nodded once, and looked down at his shirt, fluffing it a little for no reason. "Do I look... Pudgy in this?"

"Mitchie, you couldn't look pudgy if you tried." Scott retorted quickly.

Mitch giggled a little, and looked up to Scott with a smile. "You really think so?"

"What, are you kidding? You're literally the skinniest little thing I've ever seen."

He giggled again, lifting his shirt a little to look down at his flat stomach. "Really...?"

Scott rolled his eyes fondly, reaching over to pull Mitch's hands away from his shirt, letting the shirt fall back into place. "Mitchell. Honey. You don't have to be skinny to be beautiful. You're beautiful because you're 'Mitch'. But because you're Mitch, you're skinny. That's just who you are."

Mitch raised his eyebrow at him. "Does that mean... You're beautiful because you're Scott?"

"Yeah, I guess."

Mitch groaned. "Alpha. Why do you do that? Why don't you believe me?"

Just then, the barista called Mitch's name, and Mitch pouted at Scott before turning to go grab the drinks.

Scott waited patiently for him to come back, sharing a glare with the Alpha sitting at the table.

Just before leaving, Scott pointed at the specific table and instructed Mitch to introduce himself to them.

Mitch only hesitated for a second.

He walked over, a sugary drink in hand, and smiled at the brunette Alpha. "Hello! My name is Mitch!"

The Alpha checked him out before looking to his own Omega, ignoring Mitch's presence while he answered. "Hey. They call me Jonathan. Go find your Alpha, little guy."

Mitch giggled and nodded. "I will. It was nice to meet you, Alpha!"

Scott watched closely, and smirked when the Alpha discretely glanced at Mitch's ass when he walked away.

Scott held his drink in one hand, resting the other on the small of Mitch's back while they walked out.

********

Todrick fell asleep with his head in Kevin's lap, and Kevin just smiled at him before looking up to watch the T.V. some more.

Kevin turned the volume down out of courtesy, not wanting Todrick to be woken up unwillingly.

In the other room, Travis and Alex had finished their... Sensual acts, and were now just laying beside each other.

Travis glanced over at Alex, who was staring at the ceiling, his eyes partially closed. "Allie... You don't have to forgive me. I.. Understand. I don't deserve any forgiveness for what I did."

Alex smiled a little, and turned over to move closer to Travis. "I'm sorry, T. I'm just... I can't shake the feeling that you'll end up like them. I don't want that fear hanging around all the time."

Travis nodded slowly, putting one arm around Alex. "I understand... So.. You don't want to be with me anymore? You... Want a divorce?"

"That seems so extreme... But I think I do... Can Omegas file for divorce?"

"I don't think so. I think I have to be the one to do it."

"You'd do that for me?"

Travis attempted a shrug. "If you're not happy, I don't want to imprison you. I'll hate to leave you... Especially because I love you so much. But I don't want you to be unhappy."

Alex nodded and traced something on Travis' chest with his finger, mainly just so he wouldn't have to look at him. "What about the pack? And Todrick?"

"Maybe... I can just transfer you two into Avi's pack. I'm sure he'd take good care of you. And... Once you find someone else, you can transfer into their's."

Alex's innocent nature still shone through. "What about you? Where will you go?"

"Probably just be on my own for a little while." Travis mumbled in response.

Alex frowned, sitting up a little on his elbows. "You'd get thrown out of your own pack?"

"No. It is my decision to leave. To make things better for the two of you."

Alex stared at him, eyes starting to fill with tears. "I can't believe I'm about to lose my husband..."

"Oh, honey. Don't be like that. You're such a sweet person, but don't let it get in the way of you accepting a relationship you deserve."

Alex still pouted, but refused to let the tears spill.

Until,

Travis smiled. "The good news is... You can be a 'Kirk' now."

And that's when the tears started, along with the heartache and despair.

*********