Chapter 107

Avi took them out for dinner at a real restaurant, wanting them to have a nice dinner for a change.

They'd invited Jake both for Alex's enjoyment, as well as Mitch's.

Kirstin wasn't nearly as fascinated with Jake as the other Omegas were.

Once the eight people were seated, Avi and Kevin at the heads of the table, Alex's eyes almost never left Jake.

Jake analyzed his face for a moment, reaching out to gently touch the skin around Alex's hurt eye. "It looks healed... Almost completely. How does it feel?"

Alex just smiled at him. "It feels fine, thank you."

"Fine? Fine like, 'good'? Or fine like, 'normal'?" He paused to think. "Or fine like, 'I'm not really thinking about your question because for some reason I keep staring at you.'"

Alex giggled. "It might be that last one."

"Might be?"

"It definitely is."

Kirstie pointed at something on the menu, and Avi nodded, mumbling something in response.

Kevin and Todrick snickered at something, and before anyone could ask what it was, they both started speaking another language to each other.

Mitch was smiling at Jake while he spoke to Alex, not saying a word.

Scott grabbed his hand under the table, not to get his attention, but just so that he'd know Mitch was okay if he wasn't going to talk to him.

Scott was speaking quietly to Kirstie and Avi, sipping the drink he'd ordered, until the waiter came over to take their food orders.

He began on Avi's order, and proceeded around the table.

While Scott was patiently waiting for his turn, Mitch squeezed his hand and looked up at him with large, pouty eyes.

Scott looked to him immediately. "Yes, honey?"

"Hold me?" He whispered, barely audible.

Scott nodded, and snuck his arm behind Mitch, between him and the chair.

Mitch scooted his chair a little closer, and leaned on Scott's shoulder. "Thank you."

Scott just nodded, before he ordered his own meal.

Mitch looked to Scott with pleading eyes when it was his turn.

Scott noticed in milliseconds, and quickly looked to what Mitch was pointing at on the menu, before ordering for him.

Mitch blushed and looked down at his lap, but the waiter just nodded. Alphas ordered their Omega's food all the time, this was nothing new.

When the waiter proceeded to Kevin, he accidently began his order in French.

Todrick giggled at him. "English please, mon amour."

Kevin laughed at himself once he realized what he'd done. "My sincerest apologies!" And then he tried his order again.

Mitch kept his eyes downcast, but Scott saw them fill with tears.

Scott ducked his head down to peek at Mitch's facial expressions. "Oh, honey. What's the matter?"

"I'm sorry I got scared..."

"It's okay, baby. It happens. I have no problem ordering for you."

Mitch smiled a little even though his eyes were still watery. "Thank you for being nice to me..."

Scott smiled and kissed Mitch's cheekbone, before running his thumb over the same spot immediately after.