Chapter 165

(A/N)

I haven't doubled in a while so here it comes haha.

A little happiness for the few of us that have finals this week or close-ish to this week.

My prayers go out to all of y'all. ;)

**********

They were now all gathered around the kitchen in various places, eating breakfast.

Mitch was sat on the kitchen counter, Scott between his legs while they talked and ate.

Avi and Kirstie were both sat on a different counter, taking turns feeding things to each other, because Kirstie said it was the cutest thing to do.

Alex sat with Jake, Kevin and Todrick at the table, having the discussion he'd dreaded having about running away.

Todrick was lecturing him, more or less.

But in all fairness, he had taken off in the middle of the night and put himself as well as three others in danger.

Alex stopped eating completely because he felt bad. "Look... I'm sorry. I really really am. I know that whatever happened to Alpha Scott is all my fault. I know that Avi's rope burns are all my fault. I know that I could've been... Raped...."

Alex frowned, looking down to the ground and shaking his head. "I know all of that. And as sorry as I am, I know that sorry can't fix anything. So please stop making me feel bad. There's nothing I can do, except never do something this stupid again."

Kevin leaned back in his chair, choosing to withdraw and respect Alex's wishes.

Todrick wasn't finished though. "I'm glad you at least understand the severity of what you've done. But there is still no excuse for--"

Kevin interupted, and set his hand on top of one of Todrick's. "Leave it for another time. The poor boy doesn't look like he can stand much more of this. So come back to it later."

Todrick's eyes never left Alex, until he sighed and agreed with his fellow Beta.

Jake set his hand on Alex's leg, and then started to feed him because Alex refused to do it himself.

Scott took a sip of his coffee and set it beside Mitch's leg on the counter, before trying to feed him even more.

Mitch shook his head and leaned away. "Nuh uh. Tummy is full. Come back later Mr. Waffle."

Scott laughed at that, and ate the waffle himself.

Mitch smiled. "Your hair looks so cool from up here!"

"Mitchie, it's 8 in the morning. I haven't styled it or anything."

"And yet."

Avi jumped off of the counter to wash he and Kirstie's plates.

Avi's cell phone rang, sitting on the table top, and Kevin answered for him. "Hello? Beta speaking."

Kevin nodded slowly at whatever was said, and then smiled a little. "Hold on just one moment."

Avi wiped his hands off and walked over, taking the phone and whispering to Kevin. "Who is it?"

"Your father."

Avi groaned loudly, but pressed the phone to his ear. "What?"

Scott cringed at that answer, knowing that Avi's father would say something about his attitude.