Chapter 174

Avi and Jake left very early in the morning, but neither of them were complaining.

Alex snuck his way out into the living room, not wanting to be alone, and took Kevin's place beside Todrick on the couch.

Kevin must've gotten up already to make tea or something.

Alex just crawled over Todrick to lay beside him, his back against the back of the couch.

Todrick didn't move at all until Alex put his arm over him and cuddled into his side.

Todrick peeked at him. "Allie?"

Alex looked up. "Yes...?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, Sir. I just didn't want to be alone..."

Todrick sympathized for him immediately, and closed his eyes, before pushing himself closer to Alex and falling asleep again.

Kevin sat down at the table to resume his search of houses, not being able to choose one yet because of his perfectionist qualities.

In about an hour, Todrick finally got up and kissed Alex's forehead.

Alex forced his eyes open and stared at him. "Don't go..."

"I'm sorry, Allie. I have to go help Kevin. You can come with me, if you want. Or you could go lay down with Kirstie."

Alex shook his head. "Kirstie isn't here."

"What?"

"She's not here, Toddy." Alex repeated.

Kevin cleared his throat from the dining room table. "Avi's too worried about her to leave her home. He called to tell me that he took her with them."

Todrick let out a sigh. "Oh thank God. I thought we lost the boss' wife."

Kevin chuckled. "We'd be in serious trouble."

Alex stood up, walked over to the dining room table and sat down next to Kevin, leaning his head on Kevin's shoulder. "Good morning, Todrick's boyfriend."

"Good morning, Jake's boyfriend." Kevin retorted.

Alex giggled even though he was tired. "You're funny."

"Thank you. I like to think so."

Todrick sat down across from them, a new cup of tea in his hands.

Alex gasped when he saw it and pointed at the cup. "There it is! The 'smart people' beverage. Making its first appearance."

Todrick smiled at him. "Are you feeling alright?"

Alex nodded, and set his chin on Kevin's shoulder, staring at his neck. "Yes. I feel... How you smart people may say... Great."

Todrick met Kevin's eyes and let out a quick laugh. "Smart people don't say 'great'. They'd say.. Congenial. Or eminent."

Alex moved his head and pouted. "It's too early for this. I take it all back. Don't slap me with your smart words anymore."

Kevin didn't look at him, but he furrowed his eyebrows at the screen he was staring at. "You're acting strange, Alex."

Todrick shook his head slowly. "No, he isn't. This means his Heat is tomorrow. It's like... The pheromones or whatever. This is technically day one of the Heat."

Alex smiled widely and chuckled. "Yay. Heat. Is Jakey allowed to help me this time?"

"You'd have to talk to Jake, honey. And maybe Avi too."