Chapter 26

(A/N)

Did a little bit of speed editing.

So let me know if anything is misspelled or something haha.

LOVE YOU ^.^

********

After arriving back at their home, Scott had to carry Mitch inside and set him on their bed, while he began unpacking.

Mitch sat up a little bit, halfway through Scott's unpacking. "Alpha..? What time is it?"

"A little past lunchtime. How are you?"

Mitch rubbed one of his eyes. "I'm okay... I think I have a cold."

Scott walked over to him in an instant, setting a hand on his forehead.

Scott hummed in thought. "You are a little warm, honey. Does your tummy hurt or anything?"

"A little... But only a little."

Scott nodded and sat down beside him. "Want me to make you some soup, or anything? Maybe some water?"

Mitch shook his head. "Lay with me?"

Scott nodded and stood to finish packing quickly, and then he laid down beside Mitch.

Mitch cuddled into his chest. "I'm not going to get you sick, am I?"

"No. And if you do, I'll get better really quick. Okay? I promise."

Mitch nodded and closed his eyes. "Thank you."

Scott nodded and kissed the top of his head. "Why didn't you tell me earlier that you didn't feel well, baby?"

"I didn't really know... I thought I was just tired." Mitch mumbled.

Scott nodded and rubbed his back gently. "Get some sleep, honey. I'll stay here the whole time, I promise."

Mitch just nodded and slowly fell asleep.

*********

The three had eaten dinner without Scott or Mitch, seeing as how they'd both fallen asleep.

Kevin had just finished unpacking, when he remembered the box he found on the front doorstep.

He turned and grabbed it from his dresser, and headed into Avi's room.

Kevin knocked once, and then entered at Avi's response.

Kirstie was hanging things up in her closet, when Avi walked towards the door.

Kevin handed him the small box. "Found this on the doorstep when I walked in. Forgot to tell you."

Avi nodded and turned the box over, before making a surprised sound. "Oh. It says it's for Mitchell. I'll take care of it. Thank you for bringing it to me."

Kevin nodded once and then looked behind Avi at Kirstie hanging things up in the closet.

He walked over and smiled at her. "Want some help?"

She smiled right back. "Sure! Thank you."

"My pleasure."

Avi smiled a little at them, and then walked out of the room to find Mitch, assuming they'd woken up for a little while.

When he walked into the room he knew Mitch would be in, he stopped and looked at Scott curiously. "He's asleep again?"

"He wasn't feeling well, so I told him to sleep some more. Why? Is there a problem?" Scott asked in a hushed tone.

Avi just held up the box. "Something came in the mail for him. Might be from his parents, I don't know."

Scott looked down and then gently kissed Mitch's nose. "Hey, Sweetpea. Mind waking up for a second? Avi's got a present for you."

Mitch took a second, but then opened his eyes. "A present? Why?"

Avi pointed at the box in his hand. "No idea. Came in the mail. Come here a second."

Mitch slowly detangled himself from Scott, and then walked over to Avi.

Scott excused himself and then went into the bathroom.

Mitch took the small box from Avi's hands and looked at it oddly. "Why would..? Is it from Mommy?"

Avi smiled at the innocence in his voice. "I don't know, Tiny. Why don't you open it up and find out?"

Mitch tore the brown paper off, and then carefully lifted the lid off of the small package.

He gasped at what he saw, and closed the lid immediately.

Mitch turned his head and the sound of the toilet flushing, and pushed the box into Avi's hands. "Don't let my Alpha see this!"

"What? Why? What is it?"

"Can't you just trust me on this? I'll explain later." Mitch begged.

Avi looked up when Scott walked out of the bathroom. "Well? What was in the box?"

Avi met Mitch's pleading eyes, and then grabbed Mitch's forearm. "Excuse us, just a second."

Then he pulled Mitch into the living room, where he knew they were alone.

Avi went to lift the lid and see for himself, but Mitch put his hand over the box to stop Avi's movements.

Avi raised an eyebrow. "Well are you going to tell me or not?"

"Don't look. It's... Embarrassing."

"Embarrassing how? Was it from your mother?"

Mitch shook his head. "No... It was from them." He emphasized the last word dramatically.

Avi just blinked at him. "Them? Them who?"

Mitch whined. "You know. Them."

"Mitchell. If you don't tell me, how can I possibly--" He stopped himself. "Oh."

Mitch nodded. "Them. See what I'm saying?"

"You mean Jamie."

When Mitch nodded, Avi instantly tore the lid off of the box to see what horrible thing Jamie had done now.

What was set before him was a pair of bright pink underwear, with the words, 'Daddy's Little Girl' on them.

Avi frowned at the contents of the box and made a move to grab the underwear. "Mitchell. What on earth is--"

"Don't touch it! Oh, gosh. I'm sorry for interrupting. Just... Don't touch them.." Mitch covered quickly, a blush spreading across his cheeks.

Avi then noticed a small piece of paper sticking out of the box, and he grabbed it, reading it aloud. "Been missing you, Michelle. Let Daddy know when you want to come home."

Mitch wrapped his arms around himself. "I feel sick again."

Avi put the lid on the box and then shoved the small package in his back pocket. "I'll get rid of it. Don't worry, Peanut. Get some rest, okay? We won't talk to Scott about it until you're ready."

"Until I'm ready? I thought we agreed on not at all!" Mitch argued.

"You can't keep this from him Mitchell. End of discussion. Now, go. You're not well." Avi said, pointing down the hallway.

Mitch bowed his head sadly and trudged down the hall.

Scott was already laying down, so Mitch just crawled onto the bed and laid beside him.

Scott put an arm over him and kissed his temple. "Well? What was it?"

"It... Was from Mommy.. Just a few memories from home." Mitch was almost surprised at how easily the lie flew out of his mouth.

Scott nodded and cuddled into his side. "Okay. Very cool. Sleep now."

*********