Chapter 34

(A/N)

GOOD NEWS!

I have officially started writing Mitch's Heat.

Just give me a few days to perfect it, and then you'll see it in one of these chapters.

A week maybe. Two weeks tops, I promise.

And as toepeechufter graciously put it, "IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME."

Okay haha. I love youuuuuu

********

The late lunch was peaceful, seeing as the pack had just been through a rough couple of days.

Everyone seemed almost... Relaxed.

There were still things that needed to be done.

Figuring out Kevin and Todrick's situation.

Planning Avi and Kirstie's wedding.

Working out Mitch and Jamie's situation, ensuring that the Omega was safe in the process.

The New Counsel.

And Scott had some personal problems that he needed to take care of.

But for the time being, everyone was ignoring all of those things.

Just.. Living in the moment.

Mitch ate everything he was given without being told to.

Scott and Avi did not argue.

Which to Kevin, is a blessing.

When everyone had finished, Scott offered to the dishes, which automatically meant that Mitch would be in there too so he wouldn't be alone.

Kevin put his plate in the sink and then smiled at Scott, both of them knowing full well that it was Kevin's turn to do the dishes. "Thank you."

Scott just patted his shoulder and smiled.

Mitch walked into the kitchen then, Avi and Kirstie's plates in hand.

Scott added them to the stack, and then Kevin walked in with the utensils they'd used, followed by Avi carrying their cups.

Kirstie walked in and leaned up a little to whisper in Avi's ear for a second, and then Avi nodded at whatever she'd said before following her into the living room.

Kevin leaned against the kitchen counter while Scott started scrubbing the dirty dishes.

He glanced over at Kevin for a moment. "Missing Todrick?"

"More than anything I've ever longed for."

Mitch walked over and hugged Kevin suddenly. "I'm so glad that he makes you happy. You deserve someone too."

Kevin hugged him back, closing his eyes a little. "I guess I do. I just hadn't realized it until now."

Scott continued what he was doing. "You should invite him over for dinner or something, sometime. Have him bring the others too, even. Mitch would probably love to see Alex again."

Mitch moved away from Kevin and nodded. "I would! I haven't seen Allie in a while."

Kevin thought for a moment. "You know what? You're right. I'm going to go talk to Avi about it."