Chapter 62

Avi was half way through a waffle when Scott walked out to get him.

Kevin smiled at him. "Goodmorning, Alpha."

"Mornin'. Av? I need to talk to you for a second. I can wait until you're done though."

Avi looked up at him, mouth full. "Usually, I wouldn't make you wait. But Kit made blueberry waffles today."

Scott stared at him.

Avi shrugged and took another bite. "What can I say? I'm weak."

Kirstie giggled from across the table. "I'm glad you like them."

Scott stood beside the table in between Kevin and Avi.

Kevin reached over and poked Scott's stomach. "Is that a bruise?"

Scott looked down and then shrugged. "Maybe. Probably. I don't know."

Avi took a bigger bite of waffle. "It's probably a hickey."

Kirstie gasped. "Oh gosh! You mean Mitchie...?"

Avi just shrugged.

Scott pushed Avi's shoulder. "Don't imply things."

Kevin held up a hand. "Actually, I believe that was an inference. Contrary to popular belief, the two words don't necessarily mean the same thing."

Scott stared at him. "Kevin. I love you. But it's way too early for that."

Kevin chuckled. "It's almost noon, Sir."

Scott looked down at his stomach again, poking the bruise. Or hickey, whatever it was.

Avi finally stood from the table, but he pointed at Kirstie before he left. "Save me some more. Promise?"

"I promise."

Scott then lead Avi out of the room, to his own bedroom.

Avi followed him into the room. "What's this about?"

Scott gestured to Mitch, who was sitting on the bed.

Avi walked in and closed the door slowly. "Mitchell? Want to tell me what's going on?"

Mitch looked up at him with watery eyes. "I.. I lied to you. This morning. I lied to get out of trouble. And now I'm in more trouble. And I'm sorry."

Avi crossed his arms over his chest. "You lied?"

Mitch nodded. "Mhmm." His tears threatening to fall.

"Wrong answer. Strike two."

"I meant yes, Sir." Mitch replied quickly.

Avi sighed, his arms dropping down to his sides. "Come on, Grassi. I don't want to have to come up with a punishment for you. I just got married."

Mitch started chewing on his nails. "I'm sorry, Alpha."

Avi looked at the ground, and Scott desperately tried to get Mitch's attention to get him to stop chewing on his nails before Avi saw him.

Scott waved a few times, standing behind Avi.

Mitch tilted his head a little, and Scott mouthed the words 'Don't bite your nails!'

Mitch lowered his hand just barely in time for Avi to look up without noticing. "Are we going to have to put you in isolation again?"

Mitch whimpered. "Oh, gosh. Please no."

Avi glanced back at Scott, who shook his head. "He was brave enough to admit it to you. I don't think that punishment is fair."

"Fine. Let's see. How about... No T.V. for two days. And I'm going to give you extra chores. Is that fair?"

Scott shrugged. "Seems fair to me."

Avi turned back to Mitch. "Do you understand what you're being punished for?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Good. Thank you for bringing it to me instead of letting me figure it out for myself. If I found out, I'm going to be honest. You would definitely be in isolation. Also, Scott. You and I have to talk about a box I found on the porch." Avi replied, before giving Scott a nod and then turning to get back to his breakfast.

Mitch ran from the bed to hug Scott. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, honey."

********

Scott walked back out to the dining room table when Mitch got into the shower.

Everyone was around the table looking at the box.

Scott walked up slowly to stand by Kirstie. "Waiting for me...?"

Avi nodded once and then pushed the box towards him.

Scott took the brown paper off of the box and then stared at it for a second.

He started to open it, but Kevin stopped him. "Wait. Where's Mitchie?"

"In the shower. We have at least fifteen minutes."

Kevin nodded and then let Scott open the box.

Everyone leaned in a little to see what it was, and Scott took a sharp breath at what he saw. "Oh God..."

Avi reached across to take the clothing out of the box, not quite sure what he was looking at.

He laid out every garment from the box, and shook his head when he realized it was a skimpy maid outfit. "You're kidding."

Kirstie stepped closer to Scott, and he put his arm over her shoulders. "It's okay, Kit. We wouldn't ever make him do something like that again."

Kirstie nodded but sighed. "I feel so bad for him. Are you going to show it to him this time?"

Scott looked up at Avi, who shook his head slowly. "I don't even know."

It was quiet for a second, before Kirstie gasped. "Oooh. This reminds me. Can we go shopping at some point? It's getting colder outside and I need a few more long-sleeved things."

Avi nodded once. "Yeah, of course. We should take everyone. Kev, you could bring Todrick. Seems like something he'd like to do."

Kevin smiled and nodded, although his eyes never left the small costume laying out on their table.

Kirstie looked back at the outfit too. "Why are they doing this to him? He hasn't done anything to deserve this."

Kevin shrugged once. "It's hard to say for sure. But it's most probable that they're just trying to harass him. They refuse to let go, so they're trying to ensure that he won't be able to forget either."

All of a sudden, there was loud knocking on their front door.

Kirstie jumped, Scott holding her a little tighter afterwards.

Kevin hesitantly walked towards the door, but before Avi could warn him to be careful, Kevin threw the door open to see Todrick in tears on the front step.

Kevin held his arms out for Todrick to run into. "Oh, baby. What's the matter?"

Travis walked in right behind Todrick, looking capable of murder, mumbling something under his breath.

Avi stared at him. "Travis? What are you--?"

"They got him. They fucking took him."

*********