Chapter 55

Avi glanced at Albert. "Will you excuse me for just one second?"

He then walked over to Mitch and grabbed his chin to keep their eyes locked, also guaranteeing that he couldn't look to Scott for help. "What was all that about?"

Mitch was too afraid to answer, so he just stared back with wide eyes.

Avi pulled on his chin a little more. "Answer me. Tell me I didn't hear you use his first name. Tell me that I didn't hear you interrupt him right in the middle of his sentence."

"I was scared."

"Doesn't matter. Kirstin was scared, and she still didn't disrespect me."

Mitch gulped instead of answering.

Avi let go of his chin, and waved a finger in Mitch's face. "We're going to go analyze all the videos they've taken today. And when we find places where you disrespected your Alpha, you're going to remember every single one of them so we can talk about it later. Do you understand me?"

Mitch nodded quickly. "Yes, Sir."

Avi walked over to Albert, who lead them down a hallway to find the room with all the video footage.

Scott put his hand on Mitch's back to walk with him down the hall, but Mitch pushed him away. "Don't... I'm in trouble."

Scott nodded, but put his hand back exactly where it was anyway.

When they were all in the room, Albert sat down in one of the chairs. "This room, is the smaller in comparison to the one upstairs where the rest of our developing Counsel is, looking through the information we've gathered. This room is just to show you what we've seen, and maybe you can come to some conclusions of your own."

Avi sat down too, Kirstie beside him. Kevin had already counted the chairs and noticed they were one short.

Todrick sat down, as did Mitch.

Scott gestured to the last chair. "Go ahead, Kev. I'll stand."

Kirstie turned with a smile, seeing the problem, and she jumped up. "Here! Alpha, sit here. I'll sit on your lap." She bent towards Avi. "Am I allowed to do that?"

He shrugged. "Sure. I don't mind."

Scott slowly sat down, Kirstie sitting atop him and smiling at Albert. "Do we get popcorn too?"

Albert chuckled a little. "If you want some, I can ask."

She giggled, leaning into Scott a little. "No that's okay. I was just making a joke."

Kevin had finally sat down, scooting his chair over closer to Todrick and then held his hand.

Albert smiled at them, and then started the videos. "Here we go."

********
Mitch paid close attention to each spot that he'd screwed up, noticing Avi glance at him each time.

Albert paused it every now and then to get their feedback on specific events.

At a certain point, a New Counsel Alpha walked into the room. "Albert? Did you want to try that experiment we talked about yesterday?"

Albert turned in his chair. "Ooh. Maybe. I forgot about it. Set it up in Test Room B."

The Alpha nodded and then swiftly closed the door behind himself.

Albert looked to Avi. "Are you guys up for another test or two?"

Avi hummed, looking down the row of chairs to judge his pack's appearances. "I think so."

*******