Chapter 22

(A/N)

Been a while xD

So hello. How do you do?

Listen y'all, I'm sorry about not doubling very often. But school literally sucks the life out of me xD

I have seriously no time to write with all the stuff I've got going on.

BUT I'LL TRY I PROMISE I'LL TRY.

Anyway. *awkward cough*

Y'all aren't gonna like this...

This chapter is... Oof.

That's all I have to say.

**

OH AND I'M SORRY.

********

Scott was laying down, arm over his eyes, while Mitch sat next to him, ready to listen attentively.

Scott took a deep breath, still hiding his face with his arm. "So.. Let me just try something. Take your shirt off."

Mitch did so without hesitation.

Scott looked over at him. "Pants too?"

Mitch shrugged and stood up to take them off, leaving them on the floor when he crawled back on the bed next to Scott.

Scott took another deep breath. This was the kicker, right here. "What if I asked you to take your underwear off?"

"Why? Are we going to.."

"No. I'm just.. Will you?"

Mitch shrugged and started to pull on the elastic of his boxers.

Scott turned a little and set his hand on Mitch's to stop his movements. "You'd really do it? Really?"

"Sure. Why not?"

Scott sighed and laid back down. "Don't take them off. Just.. Damn it. Excuse my language, but damn it."

"What's wrong?" Mitch said, thoroughly confused.

"You were supposed to get all self conscious, and adorable. Damn it. I think Kevin might've been right." He mumbled.

Mitch scooted over a little, kneeling beside Scott on the bed. "Why? Why was I supposed to be insecure? Isn't this what you wanted me to be like?"

"I thought I did. But.. You're starting to be okay without me. And that terrifies me." Scott replied honestly.

Mitch grabbed one of Scott's hands. "I don't have to depend on you for everything. I'm my own person."

"I know. And I'm proud of you for figuring out who you are. I just.. Didn't think I'd feel so useless."

Mitch pulled his hand away. "So this is my fault?"

"No. I'm just saying--"

"That it's my fault."

Scott sighed, too tired to be angry. "Mitchie. Please don't interupt me."

"You're telling me... After everything I went through to find this confidence, that you don't like it? You stripped me down and made me stand in front of a mirror. Do you remember that? I never forgot it. I was humiliated, but you loved me anyway. And you showed me that even the bad parts of me have something positive. That you love me regardless of what my body looks like, even though you love that too. And now you're saying it was all a lie?"