Chapter 45

(A/N)

#Scomiffy

#MitchTheSquid

Oh, Clemonlime. My dear, what have you done to me?

*********

Mitch watched him go, and then turned to Avi with a smile. "I took a bunch of vitamins so I can stay here for a while. Want some soup? Or.. Um. A board game?"

"Why don't you go catch up with Scott? I'll stay here. Maybe you can send Kirstie in here for a second?"

Mitch's smile faltered a second at someone choosing Kirstie over him again, and then he smiled tightly without using his teeth. "You too?"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing. I.. Nothing. I'll send her in." And then he turned to leave before Avi could say another word.

Mitch found Kirstie in the kitchen, before sending her to Avi's room.

She skipped down the hall, and then threw open the door. "Hi hi!"

Avi smiled at her tiredly. "Hey, Princess."

She closed the door and then walked to the side of his bed, leaning down to kiss him.

Avi held her back, with his hands on her shoulders. "Baby... You can't kiss me.."

"I don't care if I get sick." She tried.

"But I do. You can't get sick. I won't allow it."

Kirstie stood back up and whined. "But I miss you."

He tried to smile at her, reaching out to hold her hand. "I'll get better soon. I promise, I'll do everything I can to get well."

Kirstie frowned down at him. "Hurry. Please hurry."

********

Mitch stood beside Todrick in the kitchen, both watching Kevin cook breakfast.

Mitch poked Todrick's arm.

Todrick smiled at him. "What's up, Munchie?"

"Is Kirstie pretty?"

"Beautiful, I'd say. Why?"

Mitch's posture dropped, his shoulders sagging. "Oh."

"You don't think so?"

Mitch groaned and bent to rest his forehead against the kitchen counter. "She's really really pretty. I know."

Kevin looked over then. "I'm confused. What's the problem exactly?"

Mitch shook his head, still against the counter. Todrick rested his hand on Mitch's back, hoping to give him enough confidence to open up a little.

Mitch waited a second or two before speaking. "Does everyone like her more than me?"

"I think I like you two equally." Todrick replied.

"Scott does."

"That's ludicrous. Scott loves you more than anything."

"Avi does."

"Well... Kirstie is his fiancé, Mitch. You don't have to be everyone's favorite. Scott loves you more than anything in the entire universe. That's plenty of love for one person. Be grateful for what you have." Todrick said with a smile.