Chapter 80

Afterwards, they all decided to hang out at the beach for a while, since they were basically already there.

Avi was standing with only his feet in the water, watching Kirstie as she walked in deeper, determined to get as far as possible.

Travis was standing beside Avi, talking about something that happened at his wedding.

Kevin, Todrick and Alex were all sitting on towels while Kevin explained something philosophical to Alex, Todrick helping out whenever he could.

Alex was listening attentively, desperately trying to understand.

Scott was putting sunscreen on Mitch, terrified that he would get burnt because of how pale he was.

Mitch let him do it, not arguing at all because he knew how light his skin was.

Scott put a little on Mitch's face, and suddenly Mitch giggled. "That's cute."

Scott hummed. "What is?"

"Your 'I'm concentrating' face."

Scott relaxed all of his face muscles and stared at him. "Oops. I didn't even notice."

Mitch giggled. "Want me to put sunscreen on you too?"

"I think I'll be alright. Thanks though."

Scott held his hand while they walked over to Todrick.

Mitch plopped himself down next to Todrick, while Scott sat on Alex's towel with him.

Alex tugged on Scott's shirt. "Aren't you going to take this off? It's hot out here."

Scott shrugged. "It's not so bad."

Kevin had heard them, he too being concerned. "Alpha, you're going to give yourself heat stroke or something."

Scott sighed, not wanting to be the center of attention anymore, now that everyone was staring at him. He reached around the back of his neck and tugged his shirt over his head.

Mitch gasped loudly and shouted towards Avi. "The shirt is off! I repeat, the shirt is off!"

Scott grumbled something at him, and crossed his arms over his chest.

Todrick grabbed the shirt and folded it up before neatly placing it in the bag he'd brought.

Scott caught Mitch staring at him, so he scooted closer to Alex. "Xand, hide me."

Alex giggled loudly and threw his arms around Scott's torso. "I've got you!"

Scott chuckled too, huddling himself into Alex's warmth.

Kevin smiled at them and then turned to Todrick to explain something else, but before he could get a single syllable out, he noticed Mitch's anger.

Kevin stopped and put a hand on Mitch's leg. "What's wrong, Munchie?"

Mitch just glared at Scott, still laughing while Alex said something to him.

Kevin nodded in understanding and then leaned over to whisper. "'Jealousy is cruel as the grave.' Song Of Songs 8:6."

Mitch's face softened a little and he looked at Kevin. "But... Alex is so..."

"Kindhearted? Adorable? Athletic? Attractive? Sweet?" Kevin suggested.

Mitch pouted even more. "Stop.."

"Oh, I'm sorry. But.. Keep in mind, he is married, yes? He is Marked? Bonded? Unavailable?"