Night # 3 Don't Open Yet

I hope you are enjoying the nights of fear so far. This next chilling tale is about a young boy who learns that you should always follow directions.

Eric sat with his family in front of the fireplace on Christmas Eve. As they sang carols they noticed a knock at the door. Eric's father went to answer the door but when he opened it there was no one there. As he glanced down he noticed there was a package wrapped in a bow.He picked it up taking it into the living room. It had a card attached that said, DO NOT OPEN TILL TOMORROW. Even with the note attached Eric begged his father to open it. His father hesitated but eventually told him no that they should wait. Eagerly Eric went to bed that night along with his family. When his parents were fast asleep Eric snuck downstairs to take a peek at the present. As he took the bow off and lifted the lid there was only a note inside. "You were not supposed to open the present until tomorrow, now you will have to be punished." Terrified, Eric put the bow back on the present and hurried back up to bed. As he slept that night he heard footsteps coming toward his room. He was too scared to get up and check it out, so he just shut his eyes tight and pretended to be asleep. Eventually, he did fall asleep. The next morning he woke up excited. He convinced himself it was all a dream and went downstairs to celebrate Christmas with his family. As he made his way around the house he could not find his parents anywhere and when he went into the living room he noticed there was no tree or presents. As he stood there in confusion, the light began to fade and he could hear a knock at the door. Whatever was at the door not only sounded scary but also inhuman. He hid behind the sofa in the living room but as he did he heard the door come off its hinges and a voice spoke to him, " You are on the naughty list and I have been ordered to punish you."