Night # 51 Criminal Profiler

This next chilling tale is about a woman who works as a criminal profiler and suddenly finds herself in a darker place than she expected.

Claudia had been profiling serial killers for five years. She had always been curious about how a serial killer's mind works until recently. Last week she began looking at Timothy's case file and within a few days, she visited him in prison. After speaking with him she knew something was different about him.

All of the serial killers she had profiled up until Timothy had rough childhoods and felt a lot of rage. When she asked Timothy about his childhood he stated that his family was wonderful. She proceeded to ask him why he killed people. He just gave me a smirk and said," I guess for the same reason you are talking to me, curiosity. I just suddenly had an impulse to try it and I loved it.I do remember one thing about when the impulses began. I had talked with a young man that I met at an auto dealership and a few months later I was shocked when I saw his picture on the news. He had been arrested for murdering four young women in the area." 

Claudia left the prison in confusion. She could not figure out his profile like she could all the others. He had come from a very loving home and seemed like he had a lot going for him. He also did not give her the complete creeps when she met him. She was taking groceries out to her car that night when she felt a sudden strange impulse. She looked at the young man walking toward the store and images ran through her mind of stabbing him.

Claudia controlled the impulse but it was really hard. She got into her car and drove home. After she put her groceries away she listened to her messages for the day. "You feel it don't you?" She could not understand what was happening to her. One minute she had been fine but after speaking to Timothy something had gone wrong. She decided to go to sleep and figure things out in the morning. She had a dream that night that involved the young man from the grocery store. In the dream, she could vividly see herself chasing him down with a knife and stabbing him to death. Once she had stabbed him several times she smiled and wiped the blood on her face. It was the greatest rush of her life.

The next day Claudia called in sick and did not go to work. She left in her car to seek someone out, someone special. When she arrived at the prison she went in to talk to Timothy one last time. She had carefully placed a very small knife in her stocking under her skirt. Once the guard was out of the room a smile formed on her lips as she spoke." I do feel it, Timothy."  She retrieved the knife quicker than she had anything in her life and began to stab him multiple times. By the time the guards stopped her it was too late Timothy was already dead. 

Given Claudia's line of work, the judge decided to put her in a mental facility. Claudia spoke to one of the therapists working at the mental facility. Later that evening the therapist walked out to her car and as she was about to unlock her car a sudden impulse struck her. She could not understand it but for some reason, she felt the urge to chase after the doctor entering the facility and stab him.