Night # 91 Quick Fright

This next chilling tale is about a young man named Ted who is working a night shift at a convenience store to help pay for college and finds himself getting a quick fright.

Tonight was Ted's first night working at the gas station. He did not know why he was nervous. He had been inside the store a few times late at night buying snacks but for some reason, it seemed much different being there as a worker by yourself all night. The manager showed him what all he had to do and he left for the night. 

Ted stood at the cash register watching for customers when he noticed a strange noise coming from the back of the store. He thought about going to see what it was but decided that he needed to stay put. He jumped as he heard a dinging from one of the gas pumps and what sounded like something falling off a shelf in the backroom. He steadied himself as his first customer came into the store to pay for gas. The customer handed him a credit card and he slid it through the machine. As they were both waiting for the card to run through there was a loud bumping noise in the backroom. 

The customer asked Ted what it was but he could not tell him. After running the card Ted handed it back to him and told him to have a good night. After a few minutes, the customer came back into the store stating that the gas pump would not work. Without thinking about it, Ted went outside to see what the problem was. Apparently, after inspecting the pump Ted discovered he had not pushed the button for what grade fuel he wanted to use. Going back in the store Ted felt stupid. He had left the store unattended and knew that was something he should not have done. 

Ted walked back behind the counter and noticed something odd. He could have sworn he had left his car keys by the register but they were gone. He searched and searched for them but could not seem to locate them. Just as he bent down to look on the floor he heard something that made the hairs on his neck stand up. He heard what sounded like something being drug on the floor in the backroom. He knew something wasn't right and he worked up the courage to go and check it out. 

Before Ted went to check it out he took the store key and locked the front door. He made a sign saying that he would be back in fifteen minutes in case a customer showed up. He began to slowly walk to the backroom as he noticed something that scared him to death. He caught a glimpse of his car keys right outside the door to the backroom. How had they gotten there? He began to tremble as he stood there and noticed that the door to the backroom was slowly opening. 

He ran out of the store and jumped into his car. He panicked as he remembered he did not pick up his car keys off of the floor. Before he exited his car his phone lit up with a message. As he looked down at it in the seat where he had left it in the car fear completely took over. "I have your keys." He tried to get out of the car but he noticed the lock was engaging and a thought suddenly occurred to him. His car lock was controlled by his keys and now the killer had him trapped. He could hear a sinister voice saying, "Where do you think you are going?"