Night # 137 Feeding The Night

This next chilling tale is about a young woman who is walking alone in the dark when it seems to get even darker.

Cassandra had been visiting her neighbors one day when she realized how late it was. She lived a short distance from them so she had walked. She went down the porch steps entering the long driveway she lived down. She was not very fond of the dark especially the shadows that were made along the woods. 

She picked up her pace wanting to get home as soon as she could. It did not help that a chill entered the air as she made her way down the driveway. She looked out through the woods and could swear that the shadows seemed to grow as well as become darker. Before she knew it she was running. Something felt wrong to her about tonight. 

With every step she took the darkness seemed to be swallowing her. She was just a few steps from her front porch when she noticed her porch light go out. Her heart was racing as she made it to the front door. She let herself in and breathed a sigh of relief as she sat down on the couch to watch some tv.

Her tv would not turn on for some reason and slowly everything began to go off. Soon it was so dark she could not see. She tried to turn a flashlight on but it would not come on. She tried to light a candle but it kept blowing out as if the wind were blowing inside the house. She trembled as it got darker and darker. She could feel the night closing in on her even within the house and she started to panic.

When her neighbor went to check on her the next day she found her dead on the floor. When the body was examined it was found that she actually died of fright.