Night # 88 Nice Night For A Bonfire

This next chilling tale is about a family gathered around a bonfire on a chilly fall night.

A family of five decided that it was a perfect evening for a bonfire. It was a chilly fall night. They got the fire started well and then walked away briefly to grab some drinks out of an ice chest near their front porch. When they got back they noticed all of their seats had been numbered using a marker. They looked at each other wondering who had decided to play a prank. No one would admit to doing it so they sat down and decided to leave the matter alone.

One of the teenage boys suggested telling some campfire stories. Billy spoke up because he wanted to tell the first story. They all sat quietly as he began to tell his story. Shortly after Billy began telling his story a voice could be heard. Everyone began to look around but they could not figure out where the voice was coming from. The words could clearly be heard and Billy suddenly did not feel like telling a story anymore.

They all began to get up and try to leave the bonfire, but the voice told them to stop. "You haven't heard my story yet. There was a family of five who sat around a bonfire one-night telling stories. They discovered that they each had a number written on their seat. They thought it was a joke but it wasn't. They were numerically ordered for a reason. That is the number order in which they would be taken." The voice could no longer be heard. The family cringed as they looked all around them. They decided to put the bonfire out and go inside. 

When they reached the front porch they noticed that the front door was open. They were hesitant to walk in the house. They had no idea who the voice belonged to but were scared that he was inside the house now. As they stood there on the porch they began to hear the voice again. "It is time to begin." Sue froze as she thought about the number on her chair. She was number one. "Time to die," were the only words Sue heard as she was lifted off of the porch into the night. The rest of the family ran inside to escape whatever had taken Sue. Billy panicked as he thought about being number two. What could he do? He grabbed a knife from the kitchen to try and defend himself but as he heard the words, time to die, the knife seemed to move on its own. The rest of the family screamed as the knife went into his chest before their very eyes.

A week later as a group of teenage friends was barbecuing they noticed that each of their paper plates had a number written on them. They thought that it was a joke, but then a voice spoke from out of nowhere. "You think this is a joke, but it isn't. Each of you will die according to the number you were given. It is time to begin. It is time for the first to die." They all ran inside to escape the threatening voice, but soon they would figure out that you could not run from what you could not see.