Night # 4 Ambulance Driver

This next chilling tale is about a medic who learns that working at night can be scarier than he thought.

Dan was starting his first night as a medic on a busy note. He had just arrived at the hospital five minutes ago and already had a call to pick someone up. It was a male in his thirties who had been shot. As he arrived at the young male's home he noticed that he had been shot several times. How he was alive Dan did not know but he knew that he and his partner had to get him to the hospital ASAP. He decided to let his partner Mike drive while he sat in the back with the patient. As Dan started to take his vital signs the man grabbed his arm with complete horror in his eyes. He was trying to tell Dan something but he was too weak to speak so he held his finger up pointing toward the front of the ambulance. As Dan looked toward the front of the ambulance he began to hear a whistling noise. This made the patient hysterical. Suddenly the ambulance stopped and Mike entered the back to tell Dan to give him a shot to calm him down. Even with the shot, the patient continued to point his finger hysterically. Within minutes Mike was slowing down saying there was someone laying in the road who needed medical attention. He got out of the ambulance and the patient miraculously shouted, NO! Dan tried to stop Mike from touching the man in the road but it was too late. As he watched out the front of the ambulance his partner stabbed the man in the road to death. He looked on in fear as his partner headed back to the ambulance with a knife in his hand. As his partner got in the ambulance he asked, "Anyone want to take a detour?" As the ambulance started up and Mike took off Dan knew this would be his one and only night as a medic.