Night # 59 Kicking Up Dust

This next chilling tale is about a young drag racer who finally meets his match.

Ryan loved to drag race near his home on the back streets of the town. He had challenged many other teenagers in the area and always came out the winner. One night he got a message from one of the locals that someone from out of town had challenged him. He was slightly intimidated but knew he would come out victorious just as he always did. He agreed to race him that very same night.

He pulled up to the starting line and waited for his opponent. Within a minute an old 57 Chevy pulled up beside him. He rolled down his window to tell his opponent he did not stand a chance. The window on the Chevy rolled down just enough for a deep voice to say, "Are you sure of that?" A young teenage girl stood in front of the two vehicles holding a flag and counted them off.

When they received the word Ryan took off like a pistol. He was already ahead of the guy by a decent bit and the race had just begun. He kept peering in his rearview mirror to see where the Chevy was and out of nowhere the Chevy raced past him at lightning speed. He could not believe how fast the car was going. He had to wonder what the guy had done to the vehicle to have it souped up like that. He tried his best to catch up to the Chevy but he could not bridge the gap and soon the race was won by someone other than himself.

The guy did not stick around to gloat but Ryan was still majorly upset. He had to find out what was going on with that car. The next day after he got out of school he went around town trying to figure out where the guy was at. For a while, he had no luck but shortly after the sun went down he spotted the Chevy in a vacant plot of land. He knew it was the right car because of the license plate. Instead of letters and numbers, it had the word bullet on it. 

He looked around to see if anyone was watching and everything seemed to be dead. He went up to the car to see if the guy was in it but he could see no one in the car. He tried the door and strangely enough it was unlocked. He stepped into the car and the interior was awesome. It looked like a brand new car on the inside. He tried to open the door to get out but it locked on him. Through the window, he could now see a figure looking in at him. It spoke. "I see you were curious about my car. Don't worry you will get the ride of your life just as you wish." Ryan tried the door again but as he did straps went around his midsection making it hard to breathe. The car came on without a key and before he knew it he was riding at top speed. While the car was moving at lightning speed Ryan felt himself fading away. His heart could not take what was happening to him.

One week later in a town thirty miles away, some teenagers were drag racing. Ryan knew this was his chance. He sent a challenge to the leader of the pack that he wanted to race him. This was his only way to escape the curse of being trapped in the car. He knew this because the figure had told him so after he had lured him into the car and trapped him. He knew that there were two things he had to do, win the race and lure the guy into the car.