Night # 38 Bloody Trunk

This story is about a young man named Jeremy who operates a toll booth and has one scary night on the job.

Jeremy was sitting in the toll booth working the night shift. It was 3 am and traffic had really died down. Jeremy began to read a book when he noticed a single car driving up. He took the man's ticket and told him how much he owed. He gave the man his change and told him to have a good night. As the car slowly passed through the gate Jeremy noticed a streak of blood running down the trunk. He was going to take the man's license plate number down but he noticed there was no plate on the car.

Jeremy started to call the police but knew he could have been mistaken about it being blood on the trunk so he changed his mind. He suddenly felt nervous being in the booth and was anxiously awaiting his shift to end at 7 am. As he tried to get back to reading his book he noticed a knocking sound on the glass. It was weak but he knew he heard it. He slowly stood up and looked out to find a young woman bleeding and crying. He brought her into the booth with him and called the police.

As Jeremy asked the woman questions he began to confirm his fears from earlier. It was her blood that had been on the man's trunk and when he stopped for gas she had snuck out of the car coming to the toll booth. Jeremy could hear the sirens in the distance but he noticed something strange about the woman. She was becoming hysterical frantically saying the same words over and over." He's Coming!" While Jeremy tried to figure out what she was talking about glass shattered all over them both. When the police arrived a few minutes later all they found was the broken glass from the toll booth window scattered all over the place.

A few miles down the road was a car traveling with blood on its trunk and two dead people inside.