Night # 36 Clowns Are Scary

This next chilling tale is about a teenage girl who is trying to get over her fear of clowns and runs into a little bit of a roadblock.

Jenna and her boyfriend Josh decided to go to a Halloween Carnival that was in town. The rides were awesome but before they left  Josh mentioned walking through the haunted house. Jenna had never been able to tell Josh that she was still afraid of clowns. Even in her own mind, it seemed silly to be afraid of them at seventeen. 

They walked into the entrance and Jenna's heart sped up. She hoped and prayed that they would not have any clowns in this haunted house. As they made their way through the dark halls creepy sounds were emanating around them and a skeleton came out of the wall at them. Jenna jumped while Josh laughed at her and after she slowed her heart down they continued to walk. As they were nearing the exit Jenna breathed a sigh of relief. While it was still scary she did not see any clowns and that was a good thing. Josh went to grab the exit door when Jenna noticed strange sounds behind them. She was scared to turn around but her reflexes kicked in. She nearly started to cry as she saw the maniacal grin on the clown's face. Before she could run out the exit door the clown grabbed her shoulder and the memory flashed through her mind.

When Jenna was eight years old a man dressed up as a clown was driving an ice cream truck. He asked her if she wanted some ice cream and she said yes. He told her if she wanted ice cream he needed her to come into the truck and pick some out. When she got into the van she noticed pictures all over the door of dead people who had been murdered. Luckily, he had his back turned as she noticed the pictures and she had been able to escape. She ran home and told her parents but by the time the police searched for him he was gone.

Josh grabbed her and ran out the exit door with her. He knew something was wrong when the clown grabbed her shoulder. Finally, she confided in him about her fear of clowns and he comforted her telling her he understood. When he dropped her off for the night he gave her a kiss and told her he would call her when he got home.

Jenna was exhausted from the activities at the carnival and fell asleep shortly after going into her room. She started breathing heavily as she began to have a nightmare. She opened her eyes in the dream because she heard someone breathing. She began to scream as a clown with a maniacal grin stared at her. He began to reach down for her asking her if she wanted any ice cream. She woke up from the nightmare shaking like a leaf. She could no longer sleep and did not want to be in the dark so she turned her bedroom light on. As she looked down at the floor her heart nearly jumped out of her chest. There on the floor were humongous shoe prints made in blood. She walked out of her room slowly trying to see where they led when a voice came out of the darkness. "Jenna, do you want some ice cream?" Standing there in shock she thought the clown had come back to get her but as his form came into view she knew differently. Standing there in front of her was Josh. She tried to speak to him but no words would come out. Josh looked at her face and began to speak, "My father told me where to find you. We have been quite the team for the last few years. At first, I did not enjoy what he made me do but I must say it has grown on me." As he began to make his way toward Jenna another figure appeared and together they made Jenna's worst nightmare a reality.

Hundreds of miles away Josh and his father sought out their next victim and knew the police would never find them.